Episode 150 - Titans Primed for Playoff Push After Win Over Texans

Jonboy

The Titans keep winning...but the national media doesn't like what they see. What about fan reactions to the 8-4 Titans? Jonboy, Jamal, and Scotty are back to try and make sense of it all. Are the Titans a "bad" 8-4 team? Do they do anything really well? Regardless, with each win, the playoffs become more and more probable. Can the Titans actually do some damage if they get there?

http://traffic.libsyn.com/twotonecrew/Episode_150.mp3

http://twotonecrew.libsyn.com/rss

Stitcher: 

http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/the-two-tone-crew

Voicemail:

(615) 900-0282

Mailbag:
[email protected]

Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/titansreport

Twitter:
Titans Report- @titansreport

Jonboy- @RetroRaconteur

Jamal - @Jamalisms

iTunes:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-two-tone-crew/id485247545?mt=2

Also...been reading up a lot on audio mixing/mastering lately. Tried something completely different this podcast to deliver a (hopefully) better, more consistent overall sound. So definitely let me know your thoughts @CreepingDeath, @Tex in a Can, and others.

• Jonboy pinned this topic
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mrs. Tex often overhears stuff when I listen to podcasts from the other room, I periodically hear peanut gallery comments as well.

I took the first 20 minutes of the show off, so I dictated a Shakespearean monologue once I came back.   I think Scotty and I were at odds over whether or not Marcus' struggles in this offen

The Titans keep winning...but the national media doesn't like what they see. What about fan reactions to the 8-4 Titans? Jonboy, Jamal, and Scotty are back to try and make sense of it all. Are the Tit

1 hour ago, Tex in a Can said:

PS: Jamal and Scotty now starting to bicker in the podcast like they do on the board.

? I thought it was more me and jonboy. Jamal even jumped in and said Maroita was playing poorly.

8 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

? I thought it was more me and jonboy. Jamal even jumped in and said Maroita was playing poorly.

I'll listen again, I thought there was a section there where one of you hardly got a word in for like 10 minutes.

32 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

22 minutes ago, Tex in a Can said:

I'll listen again, I thought there was a section there where one of you hardly got a word in for like 10 minutes.

I think Jamal and Scotty went on for longer about the offensive issues and what's the true root cause of the problems, and then I came in a bit at the end of that discussion regarding Mariota in this most recent game, which expanded into a broader discussion about the issues he's had.

I think we all agree Mariota has played poorly. I was mainly trying to say this last game was an improvement...especially considering where he was the weeks prior with the awful turnovers. Nowhere near he was at last year during the hot streak, but he definitely played well enough to win and didn't make any backbreaking mistakes.

1 minute ago, 8MM said:

While I was listening, my wife overheard a bit and said she agreed with @OILERMAN, when he said Marcus was being to cautious throwing the ball.  It's like he wants to be such a great team player, he doesn't want to let everyone down by throwing an int.  Makes sense.

Mrs. Tex often overhears stuff when I listen to podcasts from the other room, I periodically hear peanut gallery comments as well.

1 hour ago, Tex in a Can said:

I took the first 20 minutes of the show off, so I dictated a Shakespearean monologue once I came back.

I think Scotty and I were at odds over whether or not Marcus' struggles in this offense explain the offensive struggles as a whole (they most certainly do not). Jonboy and Scotty debated Marcus' recent play a bit but I don't think there was much substance disagreement there, more just wording, presentation and emphasis.

42 minutes ago, Jamalisms said:

I took the first 20 minutes of the show off, so I dictated a Shakespearean monologue once I came back.

I think Scotty and I were at odds over whether or not Marcus' struggles in this offense explain the offensive struggles as a whole (they most certainly do not). Jonboy and Scotty debated Marcus' recent play a bit but I don't think there was much substance disagreement there, more just wording, presentation and emphasis.

I am glad @Jonboy brought up the max protect plays because I think that’s a huge factor in his low stats. Mariota has to play better but surely the coaches can give him a little more slack to work with than this. This is like the polar opposite of the Wisenhunt offense that left Mariota out to the wolves. Can we get an offense that’s just right? Have any of these head coaches heard of Goldilocks??? 

The idea that max protecting is connected to Maroita having mechanical breakdowns and throwing innacurate passes is wishful thinking. 

You really think sending out 5 Pass options will improve those things? 

Thats just something people have heard talked about and cling too