Who wishes we took Jaylon Smith last year?

kyle021

Over Dodd...

i do... hindsight 20/20

We could have a major difference maker at ILB with him being a full go this year...

yeah we would be short Dodd but I imagine JR would have pulled a move and gotten a top OLB in the draft to fill that hole this year. 

I just think how awesome it would be to have Smith at ILB with Williamson and Woodyard and Orakpo and Morgan... the depth at OLB would be atrocious if we didn't get someone to supplant Dodd. 

I love what Brown brings but if Smith only plays at 80% his entire career and doesn't miss games then Brown won't come close to matching him. 

Just food for thoght. Some downtime talk is all

Jaylon Smith still has a long road ahead of him to have a long term career in the NFL, it was great to see him back on the field over the weekend but he is no where near the player he was pre injury.

looking at our roster Noah Spence is the guy I wish we took instead of Dodd, given his off field history I can understand why JRob stayed away from him though.

If there was a player to take over Dodd it was clearly Chris Jones, dude was a monster for KC last year. He's the one thing we're missing on defense, a pass rushing interior DL with length. Klug can do this but Jones is also great against the run.

I have to say that Dodd doesn't seem to be playing with any power or burst, he looks awful. Wallace & Carraway look way better. That said, he's still working himself into football shape & the foot is a mental hurdle, he'll get there. I'm just concerned they he seemd so mentally affected by the injury.

Id actually consider moving him up to play DE. I was always against this because I loved his size outside but Wallace & Carraway look really fast, and now Walden is in the mix. Right now I feel like our entire DL looks the same, a bunch of 6'3 320 pound 2  gappers. If Klug declines this year I wouldn't be surprised if this is the case.

10 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Reportedly he's been awful with the Jags in camp. They already moved him to strongside

Yes.  If you read the Jags board, they are pretty down on him. Even moreso on Fowler.

Archived