Mixon Is About To Get The Ray Rice Treatment. BLACKBALLED!

SleepingTitan

1 hour ago, Soxcat said:

OK so if a 9 year old boy hits a girl he should have the rest of his life screwed up.  Have some sense.  What the kid did was bad.  But it also appears to be an isolated incidence.  Not like he has a track record.  And if this was you ....... yes you...... and that one mistake of slapping a bitch who called you a niggar and pushed you was going to ruin your career and take millions of dollar out of your pocket you wouldn't think that was fair either.  I'm not excusing his behavior but certainly it was a mistake because I doubt he meant to bring all this on himself.  Nobody is excusing his behavior so I have no idea where that comes from except tp parse words.  The kid slapped a girl.  That was his behavior and also his mistake.  Is that complicated?  If he had to do it all over he wouldn't have approached the girl and he would have done a drive by shooting which is easier to get away with :)

Its amazing how many people want to condemn him for a bad mistake at 18. I bet half the people calling for it did stupid shit at 18 too. Was his response wrong? yes. Did he deserve to get punished for it? yes. Should his life be ruined over it? fuck no.

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

what he did was wrong and while technically she assaulted him first, dude can't respond in that manner. Now that that's out of the way I have a real issue with Mixon not being invited to the combine.

I'm all for equal rights. And lefts. Hey-oh! 

I didn't realize TR was filled with a bunch of social justice warriors. 

Posted Images

I think we disagree over very little here. 

No one is saying his life should be ruined. They are saying that about 2 years ago, he punched a girl in the face and walked away. And, that is a very bad thing to do. And, when 18 year olds do very bad things like that, employers have every right to impose a very strict, "We want to see that you have fixed your behavior before we fully embrace you representing our company." Especially when the person in question - only a few months ago - once again displayed an inability to control his impulses when he argued with a parking attendant, tore up a parking citation in front of him, then inched his vehicle toward the attendant to intimidate him. 

Every reasonable company in America would think twice before hiring him at all. The NFL and its teams are doing the same. That is not unreasonable in the least. Someone is going to draft him, though, and by next season, it will be a story told during games, but will otherwise have very little affect on his career. That is, unless, that behavior lurks itself again in another instance. 

Now, it would be unreasonable for the NFL to ban him from the league forever. That would, arguably, be "ruining his life forever." And I don't think anyone thinks that should be the case. 

1 hour ago, siamesedinasour said:

I think we disagree over very little here. 

No one is saying his life should be ruined. They are saying that about 2 years ago, he punched a girl in the face and walked away. And, that is a very bad thing to do. And, when 18 year olds do very bad things like that, employers have every right to impose a very strict, "We want to see that you have fixed your behavior before we fully embrace you representing our company." Especially when the person in question - only a few months ago - once again displayed an inability to control his impulses when he argued with a parking attendant, tore up a parking citation in front of him, then inched his vehicle toward the attendant to intimidate him. 

Every reasonable company in America would think twice before hiring him at all. The NFL and its teams are doing the same. That is not unreasonable in the least. Someone is going to draft him, though, and by next season, it will be a story told during games, but will otherwise have very little affect on his career. That is, unless, that behavior lurks itself again in another instance. 

Now, it would be unreasonable for the NFL to ban him from the league forever. That would, arguably, be "ruining his life forever." And I don't think anyone thinks that should be the case. 

In the eyes of the law she assaulted him first. His response was heavy handed and he shouldn't have done it without a doubt. You probably have no idea how many people you work with that have domestic violence or crazy assault charges on thier records. The only reason this is a big deal is because he hit a woman, is a star athlete, and it's on video. If teams choose to shy away from him so be it. He should be at the combine and be allowed to interview.

Edited by oldschool

I'd take him on the Titans if he was available in later rounds. Murray is getting older. Not totally sold on Henry but even if so, he is a complimentary back to Henry.  

Not a need but great teams think and plan ahead and act when something falls in your lap.

may be a tough sell in Nashville, however.

42 minutes ago, TennesseeTuxedo said:

The Titans would never draft him. They would lose half of their fan base or more.

You're right, they wouldn't. But that might be about 10 percent of the reason we don't win.

These Bible Thumpers wouldn't have wanted Lawrence Taylor either......we missed on Randy Moss for "culture" reasons too.

Ozzie Newsome or Elway or McKenzie or John Dorsey will draft the kid in the mid rounds and get great value.

39 minutes ago, TennesseeTuxedo said:

You can win without thugs. Witness the Patriots.

Man, Belichick doesn't overpopulate his team with characters or shady dudes, but he's had several guys who had reputations elsewhere. 

Corey Dillon, Randy Moss, LeGarrette Blount, etc. Even guys like Haynesworth, Ocho Cinco, etc, they've taken fliers on.

He had Andre Rison in Cleveland.....hell, he coached LT at his apex on and off the field. 

Edited by titanfan24

9 hours ago, oldschool said:

In the eyes of the law she assaulted him first. His response was heavy handed and he shouldn't have done it without a doubt. You probably have no idea how many people you work with that have domestic violence or crazy assault charges on thier records. The only reason this is a big deal is because he hit a woman, is a star athlete, and it's on video. If teams choose to shy away from him so be it. He should be at the combine and be allowed to interview.

I agree 100% on the bolded part.