PFF Mock (1/18/17)

Jonboy

16 minutes ago, tgo said:

I think Marshall will be released, but I don't think he's the kind of receiver Jon Robinson would bring on. 

Why do you think that? Besides a bet with Antonio Brown, hasn't he been pretty damn professional in every aspect the past few years?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Listen to me, they are not going WR at 5.

Davis is the most productive WR all-time in terms of pure numbers (seriously, he set a college record). He fits the JRob mold perfectly in that he has excellent production, is a great route runner, an

I'd be shocked if Corey Davis makes it to #18. 

5 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

Listen to me, they are not going WR at 5.

That's because you didn't read my thread. J-Rob has been pretty clear that they need to upgrade the pass catchers. Plus, 2 weeks ago we didn't realize how good Williams & Davis are as prospects. We have a clear need for a big time "X", especially in a vertical offense like ours, and these 2 fill it perfectly, and should produce day 1.

That said, I still prefer a defensive stud. I realize of course that you don't draft to make up for prior years but man, it's been WAY too long since we went defense. It just feels like this is the time. We actually have a pretty solid base of talent aside from corner, we have a solid group of guys. If we had a good corner we'd probably be middle of the pack, maybe a bit higher. But we need another guy or two who can consistently go out & make impact plays, get picks, force fumbles, make those stomach churning hits that totally fire the stadium & players up.

Basically, I want Jamal Adams.....

5 minutes ago, Face said:

That's because you didn't read my thread. J-Rob has been pretty clear that they need to upgrade the pass catchers.

Last year when Robinson and Mularkey were hired they said the teams #1 weakness was DB, a week before the draft Mike Keith said the #1 need was defensive backfield.

They took 4 players at other positions before drafting Byard and took Simms in the 5th.

1 hour ago, wiscotitansfan said:

Why do you think that? Besides a bet with Antonio Brown, hasn't he been pretty damn professional in every aspect the past few years?

I live in the area & the talk is he's worn out his welcome with the Jets. Nothing in particular & he really has become a solid, good guy. But apparently, like as always is the case, he wears on people. Players don't need Vince Lombardi-esque speeches every day....especially when you aren't producing.

I give him all the credit in the world though for the way he approached his mental problem. Borderline Personality Disorder is brutal, and he fought his ass off & has it under wraps, which is a helluva lot tougher than it sounds. And I've heard he's very approachable for others who need help or advice.

Bottom line, he may be a tad obnoxious at times, but Brandon Marshall is a grown ass man whose produced at an extremely high level for a long time now. If he's close to his prior shape & has the same burst, I'm all in.

Just now, OILERMAN said:

Last year when Robinson and Mularkey were hired they said the teams #1 weakness was DB, a week before the draft Mike Keith said the #1 need was defensive backfield.

They took 4 players at other positions before drafting Byard and took Simms in the 5th.

From what I remember they said DB, RB, and OL. They were also abundantly clear about improving the OL & adding size to the defense.

4 minutes ago, Face said:

From what I remember they said DB, RB, and OL. They were also abundantly clear about improving the OL & adding size to the defense.

They def said defensive backfield first multiple times, which was warranted, remember the secondary in 2015!

3 hours ago, prometheus said:

If we took McCaffrey at 18, it would address:

1.  Change of pace 3rd RB,

2.  ST returner, and

3. Potential slot receiver.

Just a thought.

pro

I cannot give you a good argument to say no way, but it just feels wrong to blow a pick on him.