Walterfootball post CBS championship Mock

Dmeade-

19 hours ago, THE_TITAN said:

Nah he's pretty bad in many ways if you go back and look at some of his rankings. Also abject in terms of his annual NFL positional rankings - I remember him ranking Mike Martin in the top 10 DTs in the NFL, MIKE MARTIN!

Mike Martin was very good as a rookie. It sounds nuts now but he was probably better than Casey in 2012, he just totally disappeared.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh, and by the way, if we left round 1 with Adams and Lattimore, that's about as good as one could reasonably hope - arguably the top S and CB in the draft. 

Adams is a beast. Definitely think he has a chance to be the pick at #5. I like him better than Hooker for us. John Chavis, who coached both Adams and Eric Berry, said Adams reminded him a lot of

Their website may not be top notch but it has been one of my favorite draft pages for several years.

4 minutes ago, Face said:

Mike Martin was very good as a rookie. It sounds nuts now but he was probably better than Casey in 2012, he just totally disappeared.

He was never a top 10 DT. I remember thinking Matt Miller lives on another planet when he posted that article. 

• 3 weeks later...

They must be reading some of your all's mocks.

update 1/26

1-5 Jamal Adams

1-18 Corey Davis

Tennessee Titans: Corey Davis, WR, Western Michigan 

image: http://walterfootball.com/college/WesternMichigan_logo.gif

WesternMichigan_logo.gif 
The Titans have strong interest in Mike Williams, but he's very unlikely to slip to No. 18. They want a No. 1 receiver, and Corey Davis would certainly qualify. For more on Davis, check out our scouting report, by clicking his name. His player comparison is a pretty good one! 

Pick change; previously Marshon Lattimore, CB 

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/draft2017_1.php#ueCOvob2RASxMWZm.99

On 1/12/2017 at 3:20 PM, Face said:

I have a feeling there's a good chance when the smoke clears that we either pick Barnett or a corner. Pass rusher & corner are simply more impactful positions & are picked higher than others. But there's always exceptions. I think Foster has a great chance of being the guy, based on need & him being a guy I can see JRob loving.

As for safety, no, they usually aren't picked this high, but Searcy apparently really dropped off this year & Adams is an absolute stud. He can do it all. He & Byard would give us 2 interchangeable safeties, flying all over the field making plays. From what I've seen of DLB's system this year he might ask more from his safeties than any other DC in the league. I think ideally he wants tough corners who are good in zone & can tackle while the safeties cause carnage. He especially loves blitzing them, maybe even more than Gregg Williams, who loved sending his SS after the QB.

Foster and King have impressed me more than anyone else just watching cutups.  I know there are concerns about King's speed but the kid can ball.  I would be more than fine with Foster at five assuming some of these other guys are off the board like Allen and Garrett.  

UPDATE 2/08/17

1-5 Jamal Adams

1-18 OJ Howard

Delanie Walker has had some great years with the Titans, but he turns 33 in August and will be set to make about $6 million in 2018, so Tennessee could take O.J. Howard as the best player available and groom him for a year behind Walker, much like the Chargers have done with Hunter Henry playing behind and alongside Antonio Gates. Howard blew up the Senior Bowl and seems like he'd be a great fit in Tennessee. 
Read more at http://walterfootball.com/draft2017_1.php#QMO0pHGmuAwDwIZy.99

56 minutes ago, Dmeade- said:

UPDATE 2/08/17

1-5 Jamal Adams

1-18 OJ Howard

Delanie Walker has had some great years with the Titans, but he turns 33 in August and will be set to make about $6 million in 2018, so Tennessee could take O.J. Howard as the best player available and groom him for a year behind Walker, much like the Chargers have done with Hunter Henry playing behind and alongside Antonio Gates. Howard blew up the Senior Bowl and seems like he'd be a great fit in Tennessee. 
Read more at http://walterfootball.com/draft2017_1.php#QMO0pHGmuAwDwIZy.99

This is probably the pair I'm pulling for the most right now, assuming we sign a big time outside threat at WR in FA. 

Jamal Adams needs no discussion, he's a stud. Period. He's a bigger Honeybadger, a dominant playmaker at the LOS who can easily drop back &  play a great CF as well as cover the slot. Him & Byard will be so fun to watch together, they'll just cause so much disruption together.

As for OJ Howard he impresses me more everytime I watch videotape. He's a legit 6'6 & he looks to ne like he's going to run a sub 4.6, I can even see a sub 4.5, he's that explosive. Also, he just moves like a supreme athlete, there's no stiffness at all, so fluid. Throw in the fact that he's s monster blocker & it's a done deal for me.

IMO he's s future all pro & a huge weapon as the 2nd TE in the immediate future. OMan brings up a valid point about the 2nd TE strictly being a blocker in Mularkey's offense but this is the case with every coach, unless you have a weapon like this kid. Then a whole new world of potential plays opens up.