Shedeur Sanders - #1 Pick?

SleepingTitan

He's giving me Aaron Rodgers vibes. Great pocket presence, scrambles to throw. Has every throw and can give touch or low trajectory with amazing accuracy. Plus, he has the IT factor. 

You can't beat his stats either. 

Edited by SleepingTitan

15 hours ago, Bink said:

I mean right now he is the only player in the country I can see beating out Caleb Williams for the Heisman, and I'm cheering for him. Dude is cold. 

Colorado and USC actually play in a few weeks. Would be so awesome if they both went into the game undefeated! If sanders shows up williams in that game he will be the heisman front runner and the projected 1 overall 

4 hours ago, heyitsmeallen said:

Colorado and USC actually play in a few weeks. Would be so awesome if they both went into the game undefeated! If sanders shows up williams in that game he will be the heisman front runner and the projected 1 overall 

I still don't see a path where he is projected #1 overall, but can see him rising for sure. 

On 9/10/2023 at 5:01 AM, heyitsmeallen said:

That is going to be a great game hopefully.

On 9/9/2023 at 1:44 PM, Bink said:

I mean right now he is the only player in the country I can see beating out Caleb Williams for the Heisman, and I'm cheering for him. Dude is cold. 

I mean I think the only way Williams doesn't go #1 overall is if he pulls an Eli/Elway, and refuses to play there. Could still get drafted at #1 and then traded. 

Sanders has looked great through two games. Obviously some HUGE matchups vs. other great QBs and Teams in the PAC 12 (Caleb Williams (#5 USC),  Bo Nix (#13 Oregon), D.J. Uiagalelel (#18 ORE ST), Cam Sims (#23 Wash St.), #24 UCLA and their defense, #12 Utah (Cam Rising could be back), and whomever they would play again in the Pac 12 Championship if all goes well and they make it that far (Could play #8 Wash and QB Michael Penix). They will almost definitely have a high stakes Bowl Game as well.

So in less words, Sanders will have the opportunity to play top teams in high pressure and high stakes games that will show the kind of QB prospect he is. If he thrives, the low spot for him would be securely in the top 5. Right now I would say Sanders edges Maye for QB2.

On 9/10/2023 at 12:02 PM, Bink said:

I still don't see a path where he is projected #1 overall, but can see him rising for sure. 

It’s a long season. We have seen crazier shakeups in the history of the draft. If he keeps playing like he is and wins the heisman he will def get talk at 1 overall. 

Impressive composure from Shedeur Sanders to steady himself when he wasn't having a great game to lead that late 98yd drive and then win it in OT.

Going to be an interesting decision for Sanders in February whether to enter the 2024 draft when at best he would be QB3 or he can return to Colorado next year and make a push to be QB1 in the 2025 draft.

4 hours ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Impressive composure from Shedeur Sanders to steady himself when he wasn't having a great game to lead that late 98yd drive and then win it in OT.

Going to be an interesting decision for Sanders in February whether to enter the 2024 draft when at best he would be QB3 or he can return to Colorado next year and make a push to be QB1 in the 2025 draft.

His best move is going to jump to the NFL when the hype is at its highest. (Assuming he finishes out the year strong)

That program is lacking so much talent still another recruiting cycle isn't going to fix it.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...