Starfield

Jamalisms

I'm getting hype about having a new game from Bethesda. I never played any of their stuff when it came out. I've always played it years after the fact. I've been thinking about Starfield a good bit lately, largely because I'm now playing my second Fallout game (side note: it was a mistake to start with Fallout 4 because New Vegas feels like a dollar store version of Fallout 4).

I just spent (wasted) about an hour trying to Google information about Starfield and it's almost shocking how little they've given us to work with so far. There are a few teaser videos and some generic discussion about making games but there's almost nothing about what gameplay will really be like and what your role is and just ... everything. There's not even real game footage. It strikes me as pretty crazy, given that the game is due to release in less than 10 months.

I did see that one of their higher-ups called it a Han Solo Simulator and others have called it Skyrim in space. Has anyone else been following this closely? What information do you know at this point? I'm going to link a couple of the shorter videos below. One does give a little bit of backstory and discusses factions. Other than that, I've got nothing.

• Replies 305
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Leroy Jenkins would be the best troll player ever on a hardcore server.     

Yes up to 8 nerds at once!

I'm over hear waiting for star citizen lol

Posted Images

1 hour ago, oldschool said:

Not surprised you think New Vegas is garbage. It's by far the best of the Fallouts since Bethesda bought the IP.

Nostalgia is the only reason to believe this. All of the systems suck. There's far less to do at all times.

• 3 months later...
15 hours ago, Jamalisms said:

fuck.

In an era of Cyberpunk, No Man’s Sky, and FF15, delays from developers are usually good things.  It sucks short term, but the wait is generally more than worth it for the bugs/polishing.  

1 minute ago, headhunter said:

Hell no!

just kidding

That sucks dude 😬 I haven’t followed that saga in awhile but I feel awful for the donors.  Some crowdfunded games pan out, but Star Citizen makes Mighty No 9 look like a masterclass of promises delivered lol.  

28 minutes ago, Mercalius said:

That sucks dude 😬 I haven’t followed that saga in awhile but I feel awful for the donors.  Some crowdfunded games pan out, but Star Citizen makes Mighty No 9 look like a masterclass of promises delivered lol.  

Well one of my buddies has been playing it recently. I just haven't had the time or the interest. Still just playing cod 

On 1/21/2022 at 5:06 PM, oldschool said:

Not surprised you think New Vegas is garbage. It's by far the best of the Fallouts since Bethesda bought the IP.

Bethesda is garbage

• 4 weeks later...

Planets in Starfield have cities and stuff but also, each one is completely open world to explore ... and there are over 1,000 planets. Plus you can create and customize ships, fly them and even do space battles. You hire your crew from among people you meet. There's a huge crafting system, including the ability to design outposts and hire people to run them.

Lots of actual, hard info finally.

4 hours ago, Jamalisms said:

Planets in Starfield have cities and stuff but also, each one is completely open world to explore ... and there are over 1,000 planets. Plus you can create and customize ships, fly them and even do space battles. You hire your crew from among people you meet. There's a huge crafting system, including the ability to design outposts and hire people to run them.

Lots of actual, hard info finally.

Looks fantastic. Huge Fallout fan so if this even close to the same vein, I know I will enjoy it.

26 minutes ago, BigErn said:

Looks fantastic. Huge Fallout fan so if this even close to the same vein, I know I will enjoy it.

Rank the Fallout games so I can judge you for not recognizing Fallout 4 was a huge step forward ... like basically everyone else.