The Outsider on HBO

FRT

They are doing a great job with the book.  You'll really enjoy reading it.  The explanations in the book are more detailed and it's hard to figure out what's going on.  I am glad HBO made it a series, the story is too big for a movie.

The Institute.  I want to say it's his latest book, but the man can write an epic novel in a month.  I am hoping HBO does a series of it.  It'll be one of HBO's best.  It's about children.  

Steven King is my favorite author.  He has a way with words so descriptive of everything, without being boring. 

On 1/27/2020 at 7:32 AM, oldschool said:

What's the consensus on whether people who dislike Stephen King will like the show? I cant stand Kings work outside of the Stand and the 1st few books of the Gunslinger saga. 

The Outsider is a good book, if you like Stephen King it's great.  I enjoy the HBO adaptation, but it doesn't really follow the book.  Cynthia Enviro is a great actress, but her character as are many others in the show are different from the book story.  Her role is a very major one in the book, but they have her portrayed so differently.  I really like the show, so I don't want to kill it for anyone.  The HBO is just a whole different way to experience the story.  HBO does very good work on its series.  I think the average person will enjoy the show.

Cliff Notes-You might like it.

I would like to recommend The Institute for you.  I think you will throughly enjoy reading it whether you are a King fan or not.

• 4 weeks later...

I'm really enjoying The Outsider.  They have taken a lot of liberties with the show vs the book.  It's like getting to watch/read two different stories.  The book has a lot of suspense to build to the end.  The series has more dynamic action, better for film.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The first few episodes were good. The "WTF? How is he in two places at once/did he do it or not"? 

After that it was a fairly well produced, well acted, but slightly boring monster-tracking thing. 

Archived