The show really has an unsettling feel to it...the score is great.  I’m considering picking up the book.   Apparently, a character from this series is in the Mr. Mercedes trilogy as well.  

Main detective is Ben Mendelsohn.  He gives off the same vibe to me he did in Bloodline on Netflix.

They are doing a great job with the book.  You'll really enjoy reading it.  The explanations in the book are more detailed and it's hard to figure out what's going on.  I am glad HBO made it a series, the story is too big for a movie.

The Institute.  I want to say it's his latest book, but the man can write an epic novel in a month.  I am hoping HBO does a series of it.  It'll be one of HBO's best.  It's about children.  

Steven King is my favorite author.  He has a way with words so descriptive of everything, without being boring. 

What's the consensus on whether people who dislike Stephen King will like the show? I cant stand Kings work outside of the Stand and the 1st few books of the Gunslinger saga. 

On 1/27/2020 at 7:32 AM, oldschool said:

What's the consensus on whether people who dislike Stephen King will like the show? I cant stand Kings work outside of the Stand and the 1st few books of the Gunslinger saga. 

The Outsider is a good book, if you like Stephen King it's great.  I enjoy the HBO adaptation, but it doesn't really follow the book.  Cynthia Enviro is a great actress, but her character as are many others in the show are different from the book story.  Her role is a very major one in the book, but they have her portrayed so differently.  I really like the show, so I don't want to kill it for anyone.  The HBO is just a whole different way to experience the story.  HBO does very good work on its series.  I think the average person will enjoy the show.

Cliff Notes-You might like it.

I would like to recommend The Institute for you.  I think you will throughly enjoy reading it whether you are a King fan or not.

I'm really enjoying The Outsider.  They have taken a lot of liberties with the show vs the book.  It's like getting to watch/read two different stories.  The book has a lot of suspense to build to the end.  The series has more dynamic action, better for film.