The right thing to do is not pay Henry

OILERMAN

1 hour ago, Titans279 said:

The main problem paying Henry to me is that he's just OK at pass blocking and they don't use him in the pass game (occasional screens, sure).

It's very telling that they even take him off the field on most third and short plays. My god, if there's ever a situation where you want to be able to run play action it's on third and short. That's a huge waste.

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm actually shocked Tannehill didn't audible on that play.

I've already said I'd pay Henry at this point and I'm not going to bash Robinson when he does. He's turned into a beast, he's the best runner in the league etc......   But honestly, we all k

I’d agree if Tannehill could excel on his own consistently, outside of a dominant run game. But he can’t, so imo they’re a package deal.

Posted Images

7 hours ago, ctm said:

Flashbacks to Eddie's second contract......

Yep. That's why I would transition tag Henry for one year use the franchise tag on Tannehill. Tannehill is not the type of QB that can carry a team on his shoulders. He needs a good running game.

Vrabel kind of slipped up in his press conference he wanted to remain non committal about any of the FA returning but when asked about whether having Henry have 400 carries is sustainable he said "that is something we will see when he returns."

Reading between the lines it would seem the intention is certainly to bring Henry back.