The greatest drummer in the world has died (R.I.P. Neil Peart 1952-2020)

Oiler FANatic

• Oiler FANatic changed the title to The greatest drummer in the world has died (R.I.P. Neil Peart 1952-2020)
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Anyone see his rock and roll hall of fame speech? He gets up there and goes "Blah blah blah blah" for about 5 mins straight 

Nah, dude...he SUCKS.  There's a reason he's a punchline/punching bag.  He blows ass.  He's a fucking joke.   You're otherwise semi-reasonable.   TBH, I don't even understand why t

I'd go Bonham, Peart, Moon

It is with broken hearts and the deepest sadness that we must share the terrible news that on Tuesday our friend, soul brother and band mate of over 45 years, Neil, has lost his incredibly brave three and a half year battle with brain cancer (Glioblastoma). We ask that friends, fans, and media alike understandably respect the family’s need for privacy and peace at this extremely painful and difficult time. Those wishing to express their condolences can choose a cancer research group or charity of their choice and make a donation in Neil Peart’s name. Rest in peace brother.   Neil Peart   September 12, 1952 – January 7, 2020

spacer.png

2 hours ago, Oiler FANatic said:

spacer.png

Just like to say, RIPIP Peart Peart. The world needs more of you in it than less.

As far as this chart goes? I appreciate the sentiment. There are some mighty fine drummers on that list, Peart included. You should also check out some videos by Tony Royster and Thomas Lang. You could probably rank those two higher than most on that list if you're into that sort of thing.

Also... I'm having a hard time with ranking Mike Portnoy below Neil Peart. I don't think you rank him above him either, but Portnoy has very few peers himself.

He also wrote some cool books and obviously he had some tragedies along the way.  His wife and daughter were killed in a car wreck (no, Todd Heap was NOWHERE near there).

He also had to re-learn how to drum with an entirely different style.  Pretty amazing as an established iconic drummer mid-career.

On 1/11/2020 at 7:08 AM, OILERMAN said:

Anyone see his rock and roll hall of fame speech? He gets up there and goes "Blah blah blah blah" for about 5 mins straight 

that was his bandmate, Alex Lifeson. Neil had a normal speech. 

Edited by Tex in a Can

Damn hate to hear this he was one of the best drummers in rock history and a pretty good writer as well.

I went to see Rush on their Roll The Bones tour in '92. Got about halfway through their set when i met a chick in the audience and we split and went back to her place. If i had it to do all over again i would stay and see the rest of the show as afterwards i never saw Rush live again but had no shortage of opportunities where the ladies are concerned.

If i had a time machine i'd go see.....

Rush in 1978 on the Hemispheres tour

Led Zeppelin in 1975 on Physical Graffiti tour

Van Halen in 1978 first tour 

Ozzy Osbourne in 1981 last tour with Randy Rhoads

AC/DC in 1979  last tour with Bon Scott

KISS in 1977 on Love Gun tour