Titans Interested in Kenyan Drake?

tgo

4 minutes ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Drake would have been a Dion Lewis replacement, not a Henry replacement. But Drake will be a free agent at the end of the year and JRob wouldn't have wanted to give up draft capital for a guy who'd probably only be here for 8 games. And Drake would definitely want Henry-replacement type money. Glad JRob didn't see Drake as that guy.

Having said that, if Alvin Kamara, aka Melvin Gordon or Kareem Hunt, were to become available you might see Henry get replaced. Henry is a great down hill runner, but he's not that all-around back that a lot of teams seem to be coveting these days. That's not the same thing as saying Henry "ain't shit". But if I had a choice between Henry or Gordon/Hunt? I'm taking Gordon/Hunt. They're more than simply a non-liability in the passing game. They're a threat in the passing game. They can open up the offense in ways Henry can't.

I'd certainly take Kamara and Hunt over Henry (I've soured on Gordon), anyone would. My annoyance is with the hyper focus on the real or perceived limitations of the most consistent player on our offense along with the complete minimization of the positive traits that have literally won us games. Could Henry stand to improve as a receiving threat? Hell yeah. Is he so bad in that area that's he's holding the offense back? No way. Throw the guy some swing passes and watch what happens. 

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mariota/Lewis for Rosen/Drake.

Please be us!

After seeing Lewis catch that 3 yard pass Titans should have upped the offer

5 minutes ago, Mythos27 said:

I'd certainly take Kamara and Hunt over Henry (I've soured on Gordon), anyone would. My annoyance is with the hyper focus on the real or perceived limitations of the most consistent player on our offense along with the complete minimization of the positive traits that have literally won us games. Could Henry stand to improve as a receiving threat? Hell yeah. Is he so bad in that area that's he's holding the offense back? No way. Throw the guy some swing passes and watch what happens. 

I get what you're saying. Henry isn't chopped liver... and if the OL was playing better maybe perception of Henry would be even better than it is (not that it's necessarily bad). To me it's just more along the lines of being able to upgrade the position if possible. Hunt would definitely be an upgrade. But Drake? I fail to see how he would have been an upgrade.