Sign in to follow this  
Oiler FANatic

Russell Westbrook is trash, pure and simple

On 3/12/2019 at 2:08 PM, big2033 said:

No "F" that. If a guy wants to act that way and the NBA doesn't protect me or kick him out I'm taking matters into my own hands.

Whatever UTAH may be their fans are notorious for saying racist things at games.

And if it were me there's only so much disrespect I'm willing to take. I don't care how much I make. 

Being an NBA millionaire doesn't mean you sacrifice your self-respect. Eventually, you let them know to be respectful or get treated in a disrespecting way.

It's been 20 years since I went to a jazz game but when did this become a thing? SLC is democratic. They elected a lesbian mayor. Utah is a red state with a blue city. It's kinda odd. I lived here all my life and never seen anything that makes me think man what an overtly racist state/city. There is a statue and a street of Karl Malone here and even a Martin Luther King street. A large population of LGBT people here as well. I'm not saying your statement is untrue but it seems odd to me that would be the case.

Edited by Somedude

7 hours ago, Somedude said:

It's been 20 years since I went to a jazz game but when did this become a thing? SLC is democratic. They elected a lesbian mayor. Utah is a red state with a blue city. It's kinda odd. I lived here all my life and never seen anything that makes me think man what an overtly racist state/city. There is a statue and a street of Karl Malone here and even a Martin Luther King street. A large population of LGBT people here as well. I'm not saying your statement is untrue but it seems odd to me that would be the case.

The make-up of a city doesn't always reflect the fanbase attending games. Baltimore Ravens/Orioles fans in relation to the city itself is a good example. I think the point about notoriety comes from what players have reported and said over the years where they have experienced more racism from fans in Utah (I think Boston is up there too). 

Imagine everyone's surprise when it was revealed the fan was a "#MAGA" poster.

Not that I'm a hashtag poster on any platform, but I can't imagine ever posting a hashtag on the regular that racists also use in the same context (and still continue posting that hashtag regardless). There's got to be a part of your brain that has accepted their use and your use are close enough, to keep doing it.

Sometimes you've just gotta evaluate your life and be objective about the type of people you associate with. And yes, this applies in the digital age and virtual association.

On 3/18/2019 at 2:55 AM, OzTitan said:

Imagine everyone's surprise when it was revealed the fan was a "#MAGA" poster.

Not that I'm a hashtag poster on any platform, but I can't imagine ever posting a hashtag on the regular that racists also use in the same context (and still continue posting that hashtag regardless). There's got to be a part of your brain that has accepted their use and your use are close enough, to keep doing it.

Sometimes you've just gotta evaluate your life and be objective about the type of people you associate with. And yes, this applies in the digital age and virtual association.

You share a lot of similar things of interest with ppl you dont like. Because they're racist or otherwise. Does that mean you should stop enjoying those things because ppl you dont align with also enjoy them?

Racists support America and show their pride in it. I guess no other American who doesn't believe they're racist should feel the same. Otherwise, idiots might start mistaking any American proud person for a racist.

I'm still curious as to what this guy said that makes him or what he said, racist. As far as I can tell, he was a avid Jazz fan talking shit to a person a lot of ppl and fans dislike. But tell me, why did it become about race, and who is the racist for making it about race when it doesn't appear that it was....

Edited by JakePA_Titan

16 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

I'm still curious as to what this guy said that makes him or what he said, racist. As far as I can tell, he was a avid Jazz fan talking shit to a person a lot of ppl and fans dislike. But tell me, why did it become about race, and who is the racist for making it about race when it doesn't appear that it was....

Him being racist doesn't mean he was spewing that at the Stadium at Westbrook, him simply not yelling racist stuff to someone doesn't mean they're not racist either. The dude had tweets that were more damning than simply posting #MAGA

On 3/21/2019 at 12:14 PM, wiscotitansfan said:

Him being racist doesn't mean he was spewing that at the Stadium at Westbrook,

Then Westbrook lying about him saying racial things to validate why he went at him is a problem. 

Marcus smart going into the stands and attacking a fan and only getting a one game suspension while a fan gets banned for life for simply talking trash, is a problem. 

him simply not yelling racist stuff to someone doesn't mean they're not racist either. The dude had tweets that were more damning than simply posting #MAGA

Which is a totally separate and irrelevant point in regards to the interaction with Westbrook. If it is indeed fact that nothing he said was racially offensive/motivated.

Edited by JakePA_Titan

2 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Then Westbrook lying about him saying racial things to validate why he went at him is a problem. 

When did Westbrook say that this guy was yelling racist shit at him in the stadium? I don't know nor care enough about any of the guys involved to read articles about it

2 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Which is a totally separate and irrelevant point in regards to the interaction with Westbrook. If it is indeed fact that nothing he said was racially offensive/motivated.

That's why I said that I actually agree with you, this dude being racist online (and a shitty human being in general, you are an idiot if you don't think some MAGA idiot saying someone to go back where they came from on twitter is oozing full of racism) doesn't mean he was yelling racist shit at Westbrook in the stadium and irrelevent to this thread.

Edited by wiscotitansfan

26 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

When did Westbrook say that this guy was yelling racist shit at him in the stadium? I don't know nor care enough about any of the guys involved to read articles about it

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/12/sports/russell-westbrook-utah-fan.html

Westbrook, the star guard of the Oklahoma City Thunder, said the fan directed “disrespectful” and “racial” comments toward him. “A young man and his wife in the stands told me to get down on my knees ‘like you used to,’ ” Westbrook said.

(and a shitty human being in general, you are an idiot if you don't think some MAGA idiot saying someone to go back where they came from on twitter is oozing full of racism) 

What exactly makes it racial? Who did he say it to and where are they actually from? 

Im still trying to figure out what is racist about "get on your knees like you used to".

Im still trying to figure out why someone has the right to threaten bodily harm to someone because you find what they said to be offensive. 

I'm still trying to find the video the Jazz used in making their decision to ban him.....

The funny thing is Westbrook has threaten multiple fans. I highly doubt they all said racial slurs. Not as if that gives him the right even if that's the case. 

10 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/03/12/sports/russell-westbrook-utah-fan.html

What exactly makes it racial? Who did he say it to and where are they actually from? 

Im talking about twitter.... You really don't think "Russell Westbrook needs to go back where he came from #MAGA" isn't racist?!?

Edited by wiscotitansfan

11 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Im still trying to figure out why someone has the right to threaten bodily harm to someone because you find what they said to be offensive. 

Yes, we know.... offensive words mean nothing to you

I have literally said that just because the dude is racist, doesn't mean he goes around yelling racist shit at players.... Most likely, Westbrook had a completely unreasonable reaction to some taunting and the team and stadium is taking the easy way out to avoid controversy

20 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

Im talking about twitter.... You really don't think "Russell Westbrook needs to go back where he came from #MAGA" isn't racist?!?

Ok. Instead of how that phrase has been directed towards others in the past, let's look at it on it's own admission...

1. Westrbook is from California.

2. Westbrook plays for OKC and was in Utah.

How exactly do you know it was meant to be racist. Just because he hashtagged MAGA? Media trap working at its finest. If it could be racist and it comes from a Trump supporter, then it is racist. Why ppl rush to finding out if someone is a Trump supporter before actually throwing out that label.

If I told an illegal immigrant to go back to where they came from, does that make me racist? Or does that make me anti illegal immigration? How could you tell the difference?

I'm sure because I'm a Trump supporter, its racist, right? What if I said it to a white Canadian who was illegal? Cant be racist then, right?

Can you honestly say without reasonable doubt that is racist without assuming it to be? Is that the only thing on his Twitter that was flagged as racist? That could help distinguish his intent. If there was obvious racism at some point, it would be more likely he meant it in a racial way. 

And this isnt me necessarily defending him. Just listing possible options. 

17 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

I have literally said that just because the dude is racist, doesn't mean he goes around yelling racist shit at players.... Most likely, Westbrook had a completely unreasonable reaction to some taunting and the team and stadium is taking the easy way out to avoid controversy

I understand that. I'm not saying you're lying or arguing differently. 

But then what could have been cause for a ban? Why I want to find the video of the fan himself....really bad. I want the truth to this. 

Edited by JakePA_Titan

11 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

But then what could have been cause for a ban? Why I want to find the video of the fan himself....really bad. I want the truth to this. 

I already told you... To take the easy way out

It's not like a person has to commit a crime to be banned from an establishment