Cardinals Hiring Kliff Kingsbury as HC

Jonboy

7 hours ago, scine09 said:

I like it.  Offensive coach not afraid to take risks and who will likely feature a heavy dose of the passing game.

I thought about him as an OC, supposed to be super creative

3 hours ago, AvgJoe said:

I would die inside a little bit if we hired Kingsbury. It’s such a copycat league, he’s probably a damn good OC but looking for the next McVay is nuts when there is only one. The best HC candidate this offseason? Matt Eberflus and it is not close. What he overcame with the McDaniels/Reich situation and his work with that D was outstanding. 

I’m hoping Eberflus gets one of the remaining jobs. 

3 hours ago, AvgJoe said:

I would die inside a little bit if we hired Kingsbury. It’s such a copycat league, he’s probably a damn good OC but looking for the next McVay is nuts when there is only one. The best HC candidate this offseason? Matt Eberflus and it is not close. What he overcame with the McDaniels/Reich situation and his work with that D was outstanding. 

Agree a 1000%. The lack of interest in Eberflus is staggering. While the Colts defensive talent is underrated, especially with Darius Leonard dominating as a rookie, Ebrrflus might be assistant of the year. They've been basically dominant. They shut Dallas out, shut us out, gave up 1 score in the 2nd game with us, one score to Houston. You can tell he learned a lot from Monte Kiffin, his guys just fly to the ball.

He's also the perfect age, I believe mid 40's. Still young enough to add some new things but also not trying to show everyone how smart he is, which I think is a big risk with young guys (No OC should ever, ever, ever, EVER call a jump ball/fade on a 4th & goal inside the 3).

Also, how about Vic Fangio & Pees? Pees is cooked with the health issues but these 2 have deserved head jobs for almost a decade now.

4 hours ago, Rolltide said:

Here are the winning percentages of the 4 coaches at Texas Tech who came before Kingsbury. 

McWilliams-.636

Dykes .550

Leach .661

Tuberville .541

Average .597

Kingsbury .466

Somebody with a straight face tell me this ass is a good coach. He is like Derek Dooley who had a losing record at La Tech but gets the UT job. 

An average coach at Texas Tech will win about 8 games a year and almost always go to a bowl. He won 8 games once and average 5.7 wins a season. He was a combined 12-13 with Pat Mahomes!

He went to only 3 bowl games and lost 2 of them. There is nothing in his coaching history that indicates he should even be interviewed for an NFL head coaching job. 

He was never lower than #16 in total offense while being an offensive coach/HC.  While having a pretty modest level of talent at Tech.  That's what Arizona is looking at.  Defense won't be his problem, the talent field will be even.  Those were obviously his biggest issues.

If I were a fan of the team, I wouldn't like the hire.  But as a fan of the NFL, I am definitely intrigued.  In front of a microphone, and in front of his players, he looks the part.  They will respect and play hard for him.  If he hires a quality coaching staff, I wouldn't bet against him at all.

9 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

So what is wrong with Joseph as the DC?   

Weren't the Dolphins almost dead last in yards allowed when he was DC, if not dead last?  And he ran a top scoring defense into the ground in Denver the following year.  He's awful at anything football related.  Kingsbury clearly doesn't know what he's doing.

8 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

You are right.  Not dead last but not real impressive.  Thought he was a little better than that since he became a HC

I could see Joseph becoming the new Mike McCoy.  He gets jobs for no other reason than having a familiar name due to being a former HC.  I wouldn't be surprised if he's fired during the season as well.