Potential Offensive Coordinators to Replace LaFleur

Jonboy

4 minutes ago, IrishTitansFan said:

TGO mentioned him earlier, but I think the OC might be Shane Waldron. Vrabel was with him in NE, he followed a similar career path as LaFleur in that he was in Washington and then LA. He took over as pass game co-ordinator when Lafleur came here. If we want continuity whule still looking outside the organisation then this is the guy. Sounds like McVay will let him go too. 

https://www.prideofdetroit.com/2018/11/29/18118161/shand-waldron-ready-offensive-coordinator-job-los-angeles-rams-detroit-lions

The problem is that Zac Taylor mighty bring him with him if he gets the Bengals job

Been thinking the same thing the longer this drags on. 

I read that Taylor wants an experienced OC and is heavily interested in Bevell. 

And even if Taylor wanted Waldron, he may be inclined to choose to come here anyway for full play calling duties. 

What I worry about is the Lions potentially offering him their job. 

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Alright, @tgo...it's your time!  

Fucking hire Kubiak.   Here’s my new list:    1. Kubiak 2. Kubiak 3. Kubiak 4. Kubiak 5. Kubiak

Posted Images

1 minute ago, tgo said:

Been thinking the same thing the longer this drags on. 

I read that Taylor wants an experienced OC and is heavily interested in Bevell. 

And even if Taylor wanted Waldron, he may be inclined to choose to come here anyway for full play calling duties. 

What I worry about is the Lions potentially offering him their job. 

I think the Titans OC job is better than the LIons. Waldron has just seen Lafleur get a head coaching job from here, he has a QB that, if he gets even a decent season from, he'll get the credit for improving, and the Titans are a better team with less of a chance of the HC getting fired.

3 minutes ago, IrishTitansFan said:

I think the Titans OC job is better than the LIons. Waldron has just seen Lafleur get a head coaching job from here, he has a QB that, if he gets even a decent season from, he'll get the credit for improving, and the Titans are a better team with less of a chance of the HC getting fired.

No way man - 

They got Matthew Stafford, it’s that simple. 

Unless of course he just doesn’t want to live in Detroit. 

Just now, tgo said:

No way man - 

They got Matthew Stafford, it’s that simple. 

Unless of course he just doesn’t want to live in Detroit. 

Agreed. I think we have the worst passing offense to work with and most of that is because of Mariota. 

1 minute ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

Would hope so.

Interesting that on the same day there are rumors of the Jags interest in Flacco they are also linked to Kubiak.

Yeah but same logic goes for Morhinweg.