2019 Draft News and Rumors

Jonboy

2 hours ago, Mythos27 said:

Finally got around to watching Hock and boy is this board overrating him. He's not a bad player but I'm definitely not taking him in the first. Most of this draft class outside of the DTs has been very underwhelming. Haven't checked the OL talent yet though.

Been saying he was overrated for weeks now but we are in the minority.

• Replies 1.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You can love Vrabel or hate Vrabel but he's earned respect.  That dude puts in the work and he's as real as it gets.  Happiest I've been with a HC that I can ever remember.  I hope he puts it all toge

The ESPN Titans draft coverage truly is embarrassing, less than a week out from the draft they hold a prime time mock draft special as a dress rehearsal for their actual draft coverage with McShay &am

The Titans played 2 TE sets on 26% of sets last year.  They played 3TE on 13% of plays.  They played 3WR on 58% of plays.  SO, a few things here.     1.  They were only successful in 3WR set

Posted Images

16 minutes ago, Huston said:

Been saying he was overrated for weeks now but we are in the minority.

I've been so busy this year that looking at prospect has been a grind. I get why people like this kid but I think the idea of him (ready-made, elite at both receiving and blocking) doesn't match the reality I saw. I mean I only watched about 5 games and I know that things can fall through the cracks but I feel like you can get a good sense for prospects after watching 3-5 games. 

I totally agree with this. 

I expect him to be the pick if he's there. If he's gone, I expect it to come down to Lindstrom and Lawrence assuming Burns is off the board. 

Edited by tgo

30 minutes ago, Huston said:

Simmons if no trade down was possible.

Yeah, it's still highly possible. 

I'm thinking if those other guys are gone it would be a choice between Lindstrom/Lawrence/Simmons.

31 minutes ago, tgo said:

Yeah, it's still highly possible. 

I'm thinking if those other guys are gone it would be a choice between Lindstrom/Lawrence/Simmons.

JRob is doing a really good job of keeping the top 30 visits of potential first round targets a secret this draft season, basically only 2 first round guys in Burns/Oliver have been reported top 30 visits with us so far.

Going to be interesting to see how many of the 15+ unknown top 30 visits we actually find out about before the draft commences.

6 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

JRob is doing a really good job of keeping the top 30 visits of potential first round targets a secret this draft season, basically only 2 first round guys in Burns/Oliver have been reported top 30 visits with us so far.

Going to be interesting to see how many of the 15+ unknown top 30 visits we actually find out about before the draft commences.

I'm expecting around 20 to be known, maybe low 20's. 

10 hours ago, Soxcat said:

Guys projected to go top 10 that wouldn't have even made the 1st round last year?  Who?  This is a solid draft. 

I do see your point however in that whoever we take better be a real good player and solid contributor.  David DeCastro  is a good comparison.  If we draft a guy like that at OG I'd be fine with it. 

It's all subjective.  I could list guys and then you would just come back and be like NO WAY!  

Honestly, though, some of these linemen are solid but not superstars.  There are a bunch of good prospects but only a handful of elite, blue-chip prospects that usually make a top ten list.  Obviously, there is some hyperbole there, but I was assuming everyone was smart enough to get the point I was making and not cling to literal interpretations just to argue.  

27 minutes ago, AussieTitanFan08 said:

On Path to the Draft today Daniel Jeremiah said he has talked to teams picking in the early 20's and they don't expect Marquise Brown to be available, Jeremiah expects Brown to go in the teens.

Really? That’s surprising. 

I read that a lot of teams are turned off by Ed Oliver and think he’s a diva. I think there’s an outside chance he could fall, which may be why the Titans have done so much work on him and had a huge contingent at his pro day. 

2 minutes ago, tgo said:

Really? That’s surprising. 

I was surprised as well when he said it, thought the foot injury would of pushed him out of the first round, he is also 1 of the 23 guys that is attending the draft, while not always the perfect predictor that is usually a sign that some teams have indicated he is likely going to be a first round pick.

I struggle to find landing spots for him in the teens, maybe the Redskins.

6 minutes ago, tgo said:

I read that a lot of teams are turned off by Ed Oliver and think he’s a diva. I think there’s an outside chance he could fall, which may be why the Titans have done so much work on him and had a huge contingent at his pro day. 

Can't see Oliver dropping that far, at worst the Packers at 12 or Falcons at 14 would take him.

At least within the media it seems Haskins is the one guy that is falling, have seen some respectable draft guys suggest he could now be the 4th QB taken.

• Jonboy locked, and unpinned this topic