NBA Talk

CaliTitan3518

36 minutes ago, Oiler FANatic said:

That's the real question here, but I doubt that anyone will be desperate enough to trade assets to get Iggy with his $17M price tag.

The Rockets could trade Eric Gordon, but it seems unlikely they would be willing to do that. It's basically trading offense for defense.

He's also not worth that. Iggy really started to diminish this series. He's banged up and really the load management started to falter the further they got into the playoffs. 

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Or you're just that annoying and have wayyyyy too many conversations with yourself where they don't want to wade through the trash.... I have you on ignore because you're annoying as fuck when you go

You truly try to live up to the name Simple Jake, right?

It was for George and Kawhi though

Posted Images

6 hours ago, Oiler FANatic said:

Sacramento might make the playoffs, but is anyone afraid of the Kings? Hell no.

I think the Kings Have put together a hell of a starting lineup. Fox and Bagley are two of the most athletic players at their respective positions with game to back it up and are going to be all-stars very soon, Hield is great as well, and Barnes is no slouch either.

I don’t know much about their bench and I am waiting in the FA dust to settle a bit more, but the kings are poised to be a force next season...and IMO will be a top 6 playoff seed in the west which few teams would want to play. They remind me in some ways of those young Thunder teams with Durant, Westbrook, and Harden.

12 hours ago, headhunter said:

Players controlling the league absolutely blows. Im just tired of seeing guys team up in the offseason. Just dont even have GMs

Huh? That's even more of a reason to have a great GM... I have no doubt in my mind that it's tougher correctly navigating around the league via cap and trades currently than it ever was.

You have to be able to do whatever you can after you cement your superstars in place to maximize the roster like never before

3 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

He won't be there for long. 

I disagree.  I think they might keep him around a bit for name/ticket sale reasons.  Plus, I think it's too soon to do the buyout thing.  Plus, how many teams need him and have the contracts/cap space to ship out?  

8 hours ago, JakePA_Titan said:

I'm not sure but I dont think he will sit out 20+ by choice. 

I can buy he wasn't totally invested last year. Imo he has no choice this year and AD promised to play all 82. Not that I personally will hold him to it, but I think these guys are taking this season very seriously. Especially compared to last year.

I think he plays 65-70 range by choice. 

On 7/8/2019 at 1:24 AM, Bink said:

He's also not worth that. Iggy really started to diminish this series.

Right, no one is going to give up a 1st round pick for him if they're going to have to pay him $17M next season on top of that.

Memphis will have to accept whatever deal they can get for Iggy, or else they'll be stuck with him until they reach a buyout during the season.

The Rockets probably can give them the best deal for Iggy. A sign-and-trade with Shumpert for $12M+ plus one or two 2nd round picks.

On 7/11/2019 at 7:36 PM, JakePA_Titan said:

He won't be there for long. 

Yes he will. They tried to send his supposedly untradeable contract to Miami, but they're not going to take him.

People always underestimate Daryl Morey. He has gotten rid of two of the worst contracts in the NBA trading CP3 and Ryan Anderson.

1 minute ago, Oiler FANatic said:

Right, no one is going to give up a 1st round pick for him if they're going to have to pay him $17M next season on top of that.

Memphis will have to accept whatever deal they can get for Iggy, or else they'll be stuck with him until they reach a buyout during the season.

The Rockets probably can give them the best deal for Iggy. A sign-and-trade with Shumpert for $12M+ plus one or two 2nd round picks.

Yeah maybe. I don't know if I posted it, but I will say now there is a definite chance the Rockets get him. I know I posted something along the lines of 0% chance (can't remember the exact wording, too lazy to look up), but if Memphis trades him Rockets seem eager.

I still stand behind what I was thinking at the time, that if he got bought out we would not go there and would most likely be a Laker (relationship to Pelinka + Bron). 

Still not sure Rockets are a great fit. Westbrook changes that some IMO. I think they would be better off signing JR Smith actually. 

On 7/15/2019 at 3:09 PM, JakePA_Titan said:

Western Conference Final Standings.

8. Wolves/Kings/Spurs

Minnesota, are you serious? They might finish ahead of OKC, Phoenix, and Memphis. So they're at best #11 in the West.

4 minutes ago, Bink said:

Still not sure Rockets are a great fit. Westbrook changes that some IMO. I think they would be better off signing JR Smith actually.

They would be able to give Iggy 15-20 MPG with the second unit, plus they have enough depth to give him regular days off as well.

Getting JR Smith would be a lot cheaper if they wanted him, but I don't know if anyone really does. They'd be better off with Sefolosha.