Jump to content

Recommended Posts

On 7/25/2019 at 5:29 PM, Oiler FANatic said:

No he's not the perfect fit here, Westbrick will still take a few bad shots every game. Despite that, he's a significant upgrade over Chris Paul.

HOU got the best player in the trade.  That kind of makes it a win there for them unless Westbrook gets injured or whatever.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
  • Replies 454
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You truly try to live up to the name Simple Jake, right?

It was for George and Kawhi though

And with a deal that suprises absolutely no one. Giannis finally signed his supermax

Posted Images

On 7/19/2019 at 2:19 PM, Bink said:

Yeah maybe. I don't know if I posted it, but I will say now there is a definite chance the Rockets get him.

 

Still not sure Rockets are a great fit. Westbrook changes that some IMO.

 

The new contract recently signed by Nene gives the Rockets a unique trading piece to offer Memphis starting January 15th. Only $2.5M of his potential $10M salary this season will count against the Grizzlies salary cap once they get rid of him if/when they trade Iggy to the Rockets.

 

Nene has three different $2.5M incentives based on games played and team wins (at least 52), and going to a team like Memphis that has no chance of 52 wins will allow them to free up $7.5M in a trade involving Iggy and Nene. Houston just needs to add $3.8M in additional salaries to make the trade work.

 

The most likely candidate will be Danuel House with a $3.5M salary, then they can add some other player making the minimum without giving up a draft pick.

Edited by Oiler FANatic
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Oiler FANatic said:

 

The new contract recently signed by Nene gives the Rockets a unique trading piece to offer Memphis starting January 15th. Only $2.5M of his potential $10M salary this season will count against the Grizzlies salary cap once they get rid of him if/when they trade Iggy to the Rockets.

 

Nene has three different $2.5M incentives based on games played and team wins (at least 52), and going to a team like Memphis that has no chance of 52 wins will allow them to free up $7.5M in a trade involving Iggy and Nene. Houston just needs to add $3.8M in additional salaries to make the trade work.

 

The most likely candidate will be Danuel House with a $3.5M salary, then they can add some other player making the minimum without giving up a draft pick.

They need length so bad. Read tkday Eric Gordan will start at SF this year. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, headhunter said:

They need length so bad. Read tkday Eric Gordan will start at SF this year. 

 

That really depends on how they line up. It would more likely be Westbrook and Gordon at the two guard spots.

 

Harden's really more like a point forward at 6'5", 220 than a guard. And he usually plays in the low-post on defense against PF's quite effectively.

 

And even with 6'6" PJ Tucker at PF, it's not all that much shorter than the Warriors' Death Lineup of KD, Green, Iggy, Klay, and Curry.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 1 month later...
On 9/13/2019 at 6:27 PM, JakePA_Titan said:

Nene a trading piece 😂😂😂😂

 

He would have been if the league hadn't disallowed the full value of his contract, but then it wouldn't have been fair to the rest of the NBA if the Rockets had added a player like Robert Covington to their lineup. But they'll just have to make do with their two MVP's for now.

 

After starting 11-14 last season, when everyone wrote them off, they still managed to win 53 games after going 42-15 the rest of the way.

 

If the Warriors are lucky enough to be at 11-14 six weeks from now, there's still no way they are going to win anything close to 53 games this season.

 

It won't even take that long for everyone to write them off with Curry likely to miss the next 6 weeks with a broken hand. Sitting at 1-3, there's a good chance the Warriors will no better than 8-17 by then while deciding where they want to send D'Angelo Russell in a trade.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 7 months later...
On 10/31/2019 at 10:29 PM, Oiler FANatic said:

 

If the Warriors are lucky enough to be at 11-14 six weeks from now, there's still no way they are going to win anything close to 53 games this season.

 

It won't even take that long for everyone to write them off with Curry likely to miss the next 6 weeks with a broken hand. Sitting at 1-3, there's a good chance the Warriors will no better than 8-17 by then while deciding where they want to send D'Angelo Russell in a trade.

 

Was I right about how bad the Warriors were going to be or what? I said they'd be no better than 8-17 when in fact they started just 5-20.

 

Their "new and improved" Big 4 will make $130M next season (with a $115M cap and a $139M luxury tax threshold) so what will their bench be?

 

They could choose to go way into luxury tax purgatory and get another $17M vet with the trade exception they got for Iggy and go all in. That's risky.

 

None of the top picks in the draft are anything close to being the next Zion so it looks like Curry, Klay, Green, and Wiggins will have to do almost everything.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 5 months later...
On 12/17/2020 at 5:28 PM, wiscotitansfan said:

These Rockets stories that are coming out about Harden being coddled are just embarrassing, him wanting the fuck out is probably the first and only thing I will agree with Westbrook on

MDA, Morrey and Harden either left or are gonna leave. It's their new owner. He's a cheapskate and probably toxic to work for 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 4 weeks later...

@Oiler FANatic genuinely feel bad for you and the rest of the Rockets fan base. Rockets had a good thing going and just threw it all away over the course of a year or so. 

 

And as I'm typing this they go and send Caris to Indiana for Oladipo. Another dumb move. Smh. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

I hate saying it but Houston won that trade by a mile... It sucks for their fans that they had to get to that point but the trade itself is a huge win for HOU.

 

That being said, none of those guys will be as good as Harden but also none will be as toxic.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/13/2021 at 4:59 PM, wiscotitansfan said:

I hate saying it but Houston won that trade by a mile... It sucks for their fans that they had to get to that point but the trade itself is a huge win for HOU.

 

That being said, none of those guys will be as good as Harden but also none will be as toxic.

Couldnt disagree more. They didn't win that trade because they could have gotten more if they didn't back themselves into a corner. Should have traded him right after trading Westbrook. The picks could yield very little. If that happens they get Oladipo, Kurucs, and Exum? 

 

Imo CLE is the biggest winner in that trade. Also, its possible they gave up more by being unwilling to trade him to PHI. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, SorryOF said:

Couldnt disagree more. They didn't win that trade because they could have gotten more if they didn't back themselves into a corner. Should have traded him right after trading Westbrook. The picks could yield very little. If that happens they get Oladipo, Kurucs, and Exum? 

 

Imo CLE is the biggest winner in that trade. Also, its possible they gave up more by being unwilling to trade him to PHI. 

I'm talking about what the trade actually consisted of compared to some hypothetical. Of course they could have maximized what they got for Harden but he was on a path of destruction and didn't give one fuck about trade value. They got a helluva a lot more than they should have at that point and got the best deal out of all the teams involved imo.

Edited by wiscotitansfan
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, wiscotitansfan said:

I'm talking about what the trade actually consisted of compared to some hypothetical. Of course they could have maximized what they got for Harden but he was on a path of destruction and didn't give one fuck about trade value. They got a helluva a lot more than they should have at that point and got the best deal out of all the teams involved imo.

Supposedly the PHI offer was Simmons/Thybulle and draft compensation.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...