CaliTitan3518

NBA Talk

On 4/11/2019 at 12:33 PM, JakePA_Titan said:

@Oiler FANatic, yall ain't even making the WCF this year. 😂😂😂

All that to happen to fall to 4. I have to be honest. I'm heated, I so wanted yall to get OKC first round.

You are so clueless it's pathetic. :rolleyes:

On 4/11/2019 at 12:48 PM, JakePA_Titan said:

Ima be as gay as OF when he talks about the record of HOUs big three when they play together.

We're good. I'm not worried. Magic was a surprise and a bit of a gut punch, but it's not like this has us spiraling out of control.

We get healthy, young guys continue to get better, we'll make additions in the off season and we'll be ready to roll next year.

88-20, bitch! And nothing is changing with the Lakers next year, Magic got off a sinking ship. The smartest thing he's done since his retirement.

The Rockets are looking as good as anyone in the NBA right now, and Harden is looking to take LeBron's role as the best player in the NBA! :biggrin:

27 minutes ago, Somedude said:

lol Jazz look like chumps. Oh well. They need one more big player.

They're a legitimate 50-win team, make no mistake. The reason the Jazz look like chumps is because they're playing the Rockets.

Both Gobert and Donovan Mitchell are healthy right now, it's not like Detroit without Blake Griffin looking terrible against the Bucks.

Somedude   

Still, think they need one more big player. Ingles and Rubio are good players but Jazz needs another person to be a name if they want a shot.

17 hours ago, Somedude said:

Still, think they need one more big player. Ingles and Rubio are good players but Jazz needs another person to be a name if they want a shot.

They need a superstar. They need a player that can take over a series. They have a really good roster and high quality players but no elite players. Denver is similar. They are the Celtics without Kyrie. 

Edited by CaliTitan3518

20 hours ago, Oiler FANatic said:

They're a legitimate 50-win team, make no mistake. The reason the Jazz look like chumps is because they're playing the Rockets.

Both Gobert and Donovan Mitchell are healthy right now, it's not like Detroit without Blake Griffin looking terrible against the Bucks.

Both of them are overrated and everyone knows it. Then who they have? Ingles? Crowder? Rubio? Smh

One thing I find funny is the Jazz have tried the defense the Bucks ran a month ago to slow down (not stop) Harden... The problem is that they don't seem to have anywhere near the length in the paint to implement it

Not sure how much of a factor Bledsoe actually had since I feel a lot of the defense was predicated more on last second slides from Giannis and Lopez more than the on ball defender

That game, Hardens supporting cast was missing all their deep shots when Harden kicked it out too so not sure how viable of a strategy it is even for the bucks

Somedude   

Rudy & Mitchel are real stars but no one else is. DM is still really young and has time to get better. Rudy is now hitting is stride as one of the better big men. Defensive player of the year last year and 305 dunks in one year with 66% shooting. They need another guy to go to and they are still young. This is just not the year for them. If Houston can get past GS then I don't see anyone stopping them. 

On 4/21/2019 at 1:05 AM, Somedude said:

Rudy & Mitchel are real stars but no one else is. DM is still really young and has time to get better. Rudy is now hitting is stride as one of the better big men. Defensive player of the year last year and 305 dunks in one year with 66% shooting. They need another guy to go to and they are still young. This is just not the year for them. If Houston can get past GS then I don't see anyone stopping them. 

Gobert is overrated af. He is no star.

On 4/20/2019 at 10:05 PM, Somedude said:

I wouldn’t say they are stars. They are very good players but they aren’t good enough to lead a team to the finals. 

3 hours ago, CaliTitan3518 said:

I wouldn’t say they are stars. They are very good players but they aren’t good enough to lead a team to the finals. 

Eh that’s a stretch for the term “Star”.... there are a lot more stars in the league than guys who can take their team to the finals

guys like Westbrook, PG, Kyrie and possibly Anthony Davis even are stars but those guys aren’t taking over game after game to get their team to the finals

I don’t think those guys previously talked about are in that tier, but someone just being a star (basically a cornerstone of a team) doesn’t mean they can elevate their team through multiple playoff series

On 4/24/2019 at 2:08 AM, wiscotitansfan said:

Eh that’s a stretch for the term “Star”.... there are a lot more stars in the league than guys who can take their team to the finals

guys like Westbrook, PG, Kyrie and possibly Anthony Davis even are stars but those guys aren’t taking over game after game to get their team to the finals

I don’t think those guys previously talked about are in that tier, but someone just being a star (basically a cornerstone of a team) doesn’t mean they can elevate their team through multiple playoff series

Possibly Anthony Davis, really?