Jonboy

Episode 151 - Titans Lackluster Offense Results In Loss To Cardinals

Justafan   

Definitely one of my favorite podcasts to date.  When you guys don't agree, it forces you out of your comfort zone and you have to explain your positions more carefully and everyone dives into the nuance more.  

Always enjoy the podcast.  Even if Jamal's audio is shit ;).  

Jonboy   
29 minutes ago, japan said:

Google has let Hangouts wither on the vine.  Unfortunately.

I've searched and searched for an alternative. I love it for the fact that it lets us stream live on youtube and it's archived almost instantaneously, which means I can immediately pull the audio and get the podcast ready for upload. It definitely has a few annoying quirks.

I'd actually prefer to use an iPad when we're recording, but it won't let me take a call live from the iPad app. Lets me set up everything and even call people, but won't let me make it live.

That was pretty intense.  At moments with the awkward pauses it sounded like a couple on the verge of breaking up.  This episode Jamal was the Titans O with his sputtering audio quality.  I do appreciate him staying focused with his point vs. Oman refusing to get off his talking point.  It was quite the carousel.  

I was also impressed with everyone being able to point to specific plays/games/tweets, etc to support their claims.  Good job!  

Jonboy   
41 minutes ago, CreepingDeath said:

That was pretty intense.  At moments with the awkward pauses it sounded like a couple on the verge of breaking up.  This episode Jamal was the Titans O with his sputtering audio quality.  I do appreciate him staying focused with his point vs. Oman refusing to get off his talking point.  It was quite the carousel.  

I was also impressed with everyone being able to point to specific plays/games/tweets, etc to support their claims.  Good job!  

Have you listened for a long time? I'm still not sure anything has approached @Jamalisms and I getting into it years ago over Locker in the episode we called "A Charged Debate." I think it caught everyone off guard because I rarely get worked up too much about anything on the show. Not one of my best podcast moments, tbh. It works for some sports talk shows, but it just isn't me.

Locker came back and threw a game winner after that podcast and made me look pretty smart for a week. Then the following week...he got hurt again.

tgo   

@Jonboy finally getting to listen. Great poscast! I just wanted to comment re that Adoree 4th down play. Mularkey said they practiced it on Saturday a couple weeks prior and had practiced it several times this year. He said “that’s why  you can’t always believe everything people say.” Mularkey actually laughed when he heard what Adoree said about it. 

Granted, they shouldve ideally called a play they practiced in the last week, but its not like they drew it up in the sand on the sideline. 

By the way, I bet the rookie got a talking to about saying what he did to the media. 

Edited by tgo

Jonboy   
2 minutes ago, tgo said:

@Jonboy finally getting to listen. Great poscast! I just wanted to comment re that Adoree 4th down play. Mularkey said they practiced it on Saturday a couple weeks prior and had practiced it several times this year. He said “that’s why can’t always believe everything people say.” Mularkey actually laughed when he heard what Adoree said about it. 

Granted, they shouldve ideally called a play they practiced in the last week, but its not like they drew it up in the sand on the sideline. 

I meant to say that to clarify and forgot to. I'm still not sure how much I trust Mularkey on that one. I don't get why Adoree would say that unless he just forgot. Doesn't seem like something he would lie about. It's one thing to "not believe what people say," but when "people" is literally the guy running the play...well yeah, we believed him, Mike.

tgo   
Just now, Jonboy said:

I meant to say that to clarify and forgot to. I'm still not sure how much I trust Mularkey on that one. I don't get why Adoree would say that unless he just forgot. Doesn't seem like something he would lie about. It's one thing to "not believe what people say," but when "people" is literally the guy running the play...well yeah, we believed him, Mike.

Adoree probably has several plays on offense and gets things mixed up or forgot bc of everyrhing he has on his plate in all 3 stages of the game. 

Eeeehhh.

Less likely he forgot they ever practiced the play and more likely he just meant they hadn't practiced it for this game ... which is a problem in general, but especially for a part time player.

7 minutes ago, Titans279 said:

Did they really practice the play if the players don’t remember ever practicing the play?

:35_thinking:

If a tree falls in the forest,...  ?

Mularkey's CTE is affecting all aspects of his memory?

3 hours ago, Jonboy said:

Have you listened for a long time? I'm still not sure anything has approached @Jamalisms and I getting into it years ago over Locker in the episode we called "A Charged Debate." I think it caught everyone off guard because I rarely get worked up too much about anything on the show. Not one of my best podcast moments, tbh. It works for some sports talk shows, but it just isn't me.

Locker came back and threw a game winner after that podcast and made me look pretty smart for a week. Then the following week...he got hurt again.

No - just most of this year and some of last year/offseason.