Jonboy

Episode 151 - Titans Lackluster Offense Results In Loss To Cardinals

Jonboy   

The Titans lackluster performance against the Cardinals has resulted in some restless co-hosts. Jonboy, Jamal, and Scotty dive deep into the discussion you've been waiting for: what's wrong with Marcus Mariota and the offense? The trio also cover Paul Kuharsky's latest report about Mariota's nagging injuries and how it may require an offseason surgery. In the midst of the offensive turmoil, the playoff race continues. Can the Titans get back on track to save their season?

http://traffic.libsyn.com/twotonecrew/Episode151.mp3

http://twotonecrew.libsyn.com/rss

Stitcher: 

http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/the-two-tone-crew

Voicemail:

(615) 900-0282

Mailbag:
[email protected]

Facebook:
http://www.facebook.com/titansreport

Twitter:
Titans Report- @titansreport

Jonboy- @RetroRaconteur

Jamal - @Jamalisms

iTunes:
https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-two-tone-crew/id485247545?mt=2

OILERMAN   

Summary: Maroita and the offense will be fine but it won’t be fixed until next year 

A year removed from injury, experience for young skill people, inline blocking and RB upgrades.  

We know the offense can excel with Maroita we’ve seen it

52O   
33 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Summary: Maroita and the offense will be fine but it won’t be fixed until next year 

A year removed from injury, experience for young skill people, inline blocking and RB upgrades.  

We know the offense can excel with Maroita we’ve seen it

Next year when mularkeys fired? I agree wholeheartedly o-guy

1 hour ago, Starkiller said:

@Jamalisms

Have you tried just using Hangouts on your phone? Maybe it will work better than your PC. 

I was monitoring speed real time. It was all over the map so I stepped away. I didn't intend to jump back in but blurted out a response and then ran with it.

I expect to have it solved before next episode but if I don't, I won't be participating. Bad audio is death to a podcast.

This offense, as currently deployed, can't be fixed in today's NFL.

In the olden days, the biggest defenders weren't all that quick, and fast.  The heavy sets no longer provide the advantage they once did.

Those days are over.  And between today's athleticism, rule changes and defensive adaptations, this offense can't work for any length of time.

Defenses have adapted, and the Titans' players are beating their heads against a wall when they come up against decent physical talent and a smart Defensive Coordinator.

It's time to move on.

8MM   
Just now, Starkiller said:

He is right. Mariota has been poor this season. 

True but like Jonboy and Jamal is also saying, there's more to it than what Scotty's take.  Scotty's take is the offense is bad only b/c of MM nobody else.

2 minutes ago, 8MM said:

True but like Jonboy and Jamal is also saying, there's more to it than what Scotty's take.  Scotty's take is the offense is bad only b/c of MM nobody else.

That’s specifically not what Scotty said. He gave specific examples of other problems, like missing Fasano and Murray being worse. 

Look, Mariota missing on passes and throwing bad INTs has nothing to do with the offensive scheme. The scheme is largely what it was last year. The lack of a good running game has hurt him because it is a scheme that requires a good running game, but he would be having problems if it was a passing dominated offense, too. 

The best bet is that he has a mostly full offseason to work on his mechanics and his timing with receivers. 

OILERMAN   
2 hours ago, Starkiller said:

@Jamalisms

Have you tried just using Hangouts on your phone? Maybe it will work better than your PC. 

Exactly what I did and solved all my previous problems 

8MM   
3 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

That’s specifically not what Scotty said. He gave specific examples of other problems, like missing Fasano and Murray being worse.   He did but his main narrative is all on Marcus.

Look, Mariota missing on passes and throwing bad INTs has nothing to do with the offensive scheme. The scheme is largely what it was last year. The lack of a good running game has hurt him because it is a scheme that requires a good running game, but he would be having problems if it was a passing dominated offense, too.   It has everything to do with the scheme, along with other players not playing well and play calls.

The best bet is that he has a mostly full offseason to work on his mechanics and his timing with receivers.   Agreed!