I'm going to liquidate my portfolio

abenjami

9 minutes ago, abenjami said:

It doesn't matter if I sold at 18,300 or 29,000. 

Of course it matters, you said you weren't trying to time it perfectly(which would be a ridiculous goal anyway) but get near the high. You did it to sell high and get back in low. You weren't even close to the high. 

There is no way I'm giving you a win on this. You even admit it in this thread throughout. 

It's still in question if you can even get back in under where you sold, we're at 21,400 right now. 

We'll see how you do on re-entry, you might nail it, you might even make gains off of this, although it will be at a comical level due to what it took.

But in term of strictly the sell point, 18300, total miss. That's already done regardless of the 2nd step. 

• Replies 3.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Jfc are you a boomer? Here...    

This is one of the problems.... It could go higher for much longer and/or when you get in it could go lower much longer..... You have to guess right twice

Way back when Bush was president he signed this https://theweek.com/articles/767184/how-george-bush-broke-post-office   Around the same time my house flooded, home insurance doesn't cover fl

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, OILERMAN said:

Of course it matters, you said you weren't trying to time it perfectly(which would be a ridiculous goal anyway) but get near the high. You did it to sell high and get back in low. You weren't even close to the high. 

There is no way I'm giving you a win on this. You even admit it in this thread throughout. 

It's still in question if you can even get back in under where you sold, we're at 21,400 right now. 

We'll see how you do on re-entry, you might nail it, you might even make gains off of this, although it will be at a comical level due to what it took.

But in term of strictly the sell point, 18300, total miss. That's already done regardless of the 2nd step. 

I agree with this, except for the part about I "might" even make gains.  If you are referring to my original portfolio only, then yes.  But as previously explained, I will definitely make a nice gain due to my post-sale contributions not being invested.

2 minutes ago, abenjami said:

If you are referring to my original portfolio only

This is the only part I'm talking about 

You could have made money on anything else you did regardless

Just got my personal capital update on overall portfolio, no way in hell I'd open that but it did have at the top of the E-mail I made just over 13% for last week only 

US stock futures were lower Sunday night, continuing to give up gains from last week's historic rally that came to a halt on Friday.

Dow (INDU) futures were down 371 points, or about 1.7%. S&P 500 (SPX) futures fell around 1.8% and Nasdaq (COMP) futures were down around 1.5%.

The market high for our(me and wife) 401k funds were 59.23 a share Feb 20th. We automatically bought shares 3-20-20 and they were 35.30 at that time. That was almost the low. 

We got 25 more shares than we would have at the high price. 

I buy VYM at the end of every month in my taxable account. I buy a lot more shares here than the 401k. I'll calculate the same then.  The low there was 60.07 and it's already back up to 71.67, I'd like to see it get back to the low 60s but I have no idea. 

On 3/28/2020 at 1:15 PM, OILERMAN said:

Listened to Ric Edleman this morning talking about this being maybe the greatest buying opportunity of our lifetimes. 

I tell ya man.  We've had what, 3 of these babies within the past 20 years?  Tech bubble/9/11 double whammy, then '08, now 2020.  What a time to be investing on the damn market drops!