The Game of Thrones

OILERMAN

• Replies 7.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well for anyone who cares to read this, here are my (lengthy) thoughts now that I’ve had a chance to sleep on it.   I’ll start by saying I'm not sure I've ever been more hyped for an episode

I loved the fact that Theon won his fight cause he has no dick. Haha

Posted Images

Why was Sansa raped? Ramsey is her husband, asked her to take off her clothes, she did, she bent over and he had sex with her. She didn't want to marry him and didn't want to have sex with him but she did and she never tried to stop him or say no. She knew she was going to have sex with him if she married him.

​She was fearfully taking her time disrobing before he impatiently ripped open the back of her dress, then he slowly pushed her down to the bed (she didn't actually bend over). Like any other rape, it was an act of power/control (not just sex). She undoubtedly knew if she tried to resist or refused to cooperate with him that he would ignore her pleas and be even more violent. Things probably could have been much worse for Sansa on her wedding night.

Edited by Oiler FANatic

I have just about given up on wondering when "Blackfish" is going to reappear. He's the dude who went to take a piss right before the Red Wedding and escaped the slaughter.

I'm pretty sure Daenerys lover is going to end up fighting Jorah in the fighting pit and all of Danny's advisers will end up dead(Jorah will win and die from Grayscale?) then Tyrion can slide right in and advise Danny and make a deadly duo.

I have just about given up on wondering when "Blackfish" is going to reappear. He's the dude who went to take a piss right before the Red Wedding and escaped the slaughter.

Be prepared for disappointment. Blackfish could definitely be brought back by the show but the storyline where he reemerges in the books... got cut.

Be prepared for disappointment. Blackfish could definitely be brought back by the show but the storyline where he reemerges in the books... got cut.

​It's odd, why not just kill him in the show if there was no plan to bring him back

​It's odd, why not just kill him in the show if there was no plan to bring him back

There's actually a bunch of stuff that they set up like the books but then as they've moved forward, they cut the second part of the storyline because they decided it was a time crunch. They probably planned to bring him back and still might.

Without spoiling anything, similar to how some other minor character was in Sansa's place in the books (posing as Arya), a different character was in Dorne instead of Jaime (doing different but similar things). Jaime did a bunch of other "being responsible" stuff in the books that would potentially be boring to show on TV... and in that storyline you at least hear of the Blackfish.

It's hard to tell what stuff they will cut from the books in making the show now.

But even if they never show the Blackfish on the show again, they don't want to kill him because he doesn't die in the books (or hasn't yet, anyway). In the books Jamie went to the Riverlands to deal with the Tullys, but in the show they sent him to Dorne instead. So who knows if they even care about the Blackfish going forward?

Edited by Starkiller

​What about Gendry?  Seemed an important figure particularly for them to have saved.  Is he a skeleton in a boat now or what?