Unconventional workouts

TitansGuru

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Any of you try this yet? Thinking of adding it to the routine.       

Workout warriors rarely if ever pan out as posters.  They need to have shown a dedication and a love for the board previously.  High post counts are a better indicator, but the boards are full of post

Ok...   too bad most most of your crossfit gyms teach people who are out of shape and unfit for doing back squats how to hurt themselves.    Hey guys welcome to crossfit! Today we

Posted Images

• 3 months later...

Been doing deadlifts since the first of the year like never before. I've kinda ignored deadlifts over the years and did mainly squats, box jumps etc.......

I def neglected the benefits of deadlifts. 

B28E68CA-98DE-42A7-A412-AA0246DAE310.png

On 4/10/2018 at 7:25 PM, OILERMAN said:

Since the first of the year I've lost 23lbs, from 191 to 168. My resting heart rate is currently 56 

I'm actually down to 158-160lbs and my blood pressure is down to : 105/73

C4F94F62-48C5-4263-BCE7-0DF4DB390B1D.jpeg

• 1 month later...
On 9/20/2018 at 9:12 AM, patsplat said:

Why would one do butterfly pull ups instead of assisting with bands?

It's not a strength movement. Most people that do butterfly pullups can do plenty of strict pullups. It's a completely different movement done for a different purpose.

1 minute ago, reo said:

It's not a strength movement. Most people that do butterfly pullups can do plenty of strict pullups. It's a completely different movement done for a different purpose.

Enlighten me?

3 minutes ago, patsplat said:

Enlighten me?

It's a gymnastic movement done more for efficiency and speed with a little bit of an endurance component. It's also a decent precursor to other movements.

Edited by reo

• 8 months later...

I was at Pikes Peak this past week. It's got an elevation of 14K above sea level and you could def tell it(breathing/oxygen) when you were at the top. 

I saw a ton of guys riding bikes up it, 19 miles. I have to say those dudes have to be in awesome shape. 

I saw where people run up it too

18 hours ago, OILERMAN said:

I was at Pikes Peak this past week. It's got an elevation of 14K above sea level and you could def tell it(breathing/oxygen) when you were at the top. 

I saw a ton of guys riding bikes up it, 19 miles. I have to say those dudes have to be in awesome shape. 

I saw where people run up it too

My wife’s boss is a hardcore mountain biker. He is 70+ and in crazy good shape. He rides with a group of guys that are all 20-30 years younger then him.