Just how inept was the Titans offense Sunday?

scine09

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Since the merger in 1970 there have been 488 shutouts, including the playoffs.  Normally when a team has a shutout a big part of that is turnovers/missed field goals (i.e the team is moving the ball b

20-0   It was the game immediately after VY threw his pads in the stands against the Skins. Late 2010.

Posted Images

6 hours ago, NewsToTom said:

I said Moss isn't an upgrade on Britt but may be differently as good

I remember everyone was so excited when Britt finally returned from injury....because while Moss was clearly past his prime and was no longer the prototypical X WR, surely he could be the Y to Britt's X with both players on the field.

But alas, it was not meant to be.    Fisher explained that the team couldn't possibly put both guys on the field at the same time because they both played the same position.

20 hours ago, scine09 said:

Yeah.  Front right corner of the end zone.  Pretty ridiculous call.  It was like they were looking to call a penalty on Moss.

I thought it was the left corner...and Moss did extend his arms just enough to get called.

Edited by ChemEngr79

9 minutes ago, ChemEngr79 said:

I thought it was the left corner...and Moss did extend his arms just enough to get called.

It depends on your vantage point.  I was basing it on the point of view behind the end zone.

If you're watching on TV it would have been the far side of the front of the end zone on the right.

23 hours ago, scine09 said:

Mike Martin?  He was never any good.

How about the LB that played real well at the end of 2009?  I can't think of his name.  He basically flamed out after that.  He was a rookie that year I believe.  He was the guy who ended up in financial difficulty or depressed or something that John Glennon I think wrote an article about.

Leroy Harris was a tough one to figure out.  He looked like he was going to be a long-term starter.

Martin was a stud as a rookie. To this day he's the only rookie PFF ranked top 10 against the run & pass. Other articles I read ranked him as a top 10 DT as a rookie. The team was such a disaster in 2012 nobody realized.

23 hours ago, NewsToTom said:

Gerald McRath. Got cut in 2011 preseason, IIRC.

They stopped trusting that Leroy Harris could snap the ball, and guard was a different sort of challenge.

I said Moss isn't an upgrade on Britt but may be differently as good, Titans would probably 8-8/9-7 at midseason and I felt like the most pessimistic guy in town by a mile.

Did it have to do with his snapping? All I know is Mawae, who had a great career obviously, was completely getting by on wits & experience by '08 & when he got hurt at seasons end the OL looked great in the playoff loss to Baltimore. We really ran the ball great, in a losing effort unfortunately. The announcers raved about Harris. I figured it was a no brainer he'd start next year but nope, but CJ somehow ran for 2K behind Mawae & Amano. 

Harris actually got 2 starts at RT in '09 in SF & the next week & played well. I thought after that he was going to be terrific. Oh well.