I'll Be Glad When This Organization Finally Drafts A True Pocket Passing QB

MIKE75

I love Steve McNair like all the rest of you but there is only one Steve. 

After losing him we should've started looking for pocket passers BUT.....

Vince Young,Jake Locker and Marcus Mariota are all dual threat QB's and frankly i am tired of this trend.

I would love to get someone like Mahomes,Wentz,etc. someone who can throw a damn pass and has accuracy.

2 minutes ago, Face said:

LOL......here comes Mike!!!!!!!

Most predictable thread ever.

Just pissed after yesterday.

I really do hope we get this fixed i do think we could win this division.

This is literally the worst i've ever seen our offense and thats bad when you consider some of the Locker years.

2 minutes ago, MIKE75 said:

I still am. Just frustrated.

I know Mariota has it in him to overcome this and play better.

So why did you create this thread?

I’m frustrated too.  But I’m not going to create threads after a poor game asking for a different QB.

Mariota does things sometimes that i'm like wow like coming from behind to win the KC playoff game and the way ge put the team on his shoulders in the last game of the year vs Jax and KO'd Barry Church and willed us into the postseason.

I think Mariota can be a good QB its just maddening the inconsistency.

3 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

Or we could get a good QB somehow and the rest will look fixed.  Seriously, the OL, WRs and RBs are not that bad. 

So you think its Mariota?

Another thing like someone pointed out earlier is that being a fan of this team is not easy,lol.

We went from beating Philly and Jax and i as well as others were most likely very excited.

Then we lay fucking eggs vs Buffalo and Baltimore.

Its emotionally taxing at times no doubt

Been a fan since day one and been here through the really good and really bad.

Almost like being married to a woman that is bipolar

One minute she loves you so deeply its unlike anything in the world then the next moment for no reason you get smacked around.

We've done a lot better than many teams over the past 20 years. In fact right now we rank 12th in wins compared with all NFL teams from 1999 through week 6 of the 2018 season. So we are a couple wins outside the top 10 in total wins over the past 20 seasons. Not bad at all.

Our worst streak was 4 straight losing season from 2012 thru 2015. Sure 4 years is a long time but there have been a few other teams that have done way worse.

When i look below at other teams that have went 10 or sometimes 15 years with no playoffs and barely any winning seasons i see that we have had it a lot better than many teams have. In fact save for a couple years and a couple there we usually have fielded competitive teams.

Couldnt imagine going 2000 thru 2017 with two winning seasons and 1 playoff appearance like Bills, The Raiders who will most likely have a losing year has had one winning year/playoff appearance in the past 16 seasons 2003 thru 2018, The Browns from '99 thru the present of the past 20 seasons have two winning seasons and 1 playoff appearance.

The Rams went 2004 thru 2017 a 14 year stretch with 1 winning season and 2 postseason appearances, The Jags went a full decade or 10 years of losing seasons since 2008 and had 12 or more losses in half of those. Since the year 2002 the last 16 seasons Miami had 2 playoff appearances in 2008 and 2016 and finally the Tampa Bay Bucs since 2007 have had 11 straight years with no playoff appearances and a couple winning seasons.

We've caught some bad breaks here and there but overall we have it had pretty good compared to a lot of other teams fans who have went through way longer periods of losing and other BS.

1999 THRU WEEK SIX OF 2018 

1. New England 226 wins

2. Pittsburgh 197 wins

3. Indy 194 wins

4. Green Bay 188 wins

5. Philly 180 wins

6. Baltimore 178 wins

7. Denver 177 wins

8. Seattle 173 wins

9. New Orleans 165 wins

10. Dallas 161 wins

11. Minnesota 160 wins

12. Tennessee 158 wins

13. NY Giants 157 wins

14. Atlanta 157 wins

15. Kansas City 157 wins

16. Carolina 156 wins

Edited by MIKE75

I just want to see a good passing offense.  It seems like, outside of a few solid stretches of play, this team has struggled to execute the passing game on offense since they have been in Nashville.  

I don't know if that is consistently picking bad QB's (Certainly is with Locker, VY), poor coaching, bad schemes, or just an inept organization but it has gotten super old.  If I'm Vrabel I just throw in the towel on the season and set up JROB to take a QB in this draft.  

I'm only 50% serious.

33 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

Or we could get a good QB somehow and the rest will look fixed.  Seriously, the OL, WRs and RBs are not that bad. 

I didnt even see the game but 11 sacks plus what the line looked like in the bills game tells me it needs work. Also didnt we have like 5 jolding calls this week?

10 minutes ago, Justafan said:

I just want to see a good passing offense.  It seems like, outside of a few solid stretches of play, this team has struggled to execute the passing game on offense since they have been in Nashville.  

I don't know if that is consistently picking bad QB's (Certainly is with Locker, VY), poor coaching, bad schemes, or just an inept organization but it has gotten super old.  If I'm Vrabel I just throw in the towel on the season and set up JROB to take a QB in this draft.  

I'm only 50% serious.

You hit the nail on the head. Since starting in '99 i dont think there has ever been an extended period where we had a good passing game at all.