Teams scrambling for OL help

AussieTitanFan08

in his MMQB Column today Albert Breer, mentioned multiple teams are already scrambling and desperately calling around to try and trade for OL help.

would guess that the Panthers/Vikings/Texans would be at the very top of the list of teams scrambling.

wonder if JRob would flip one of our depth OL if he got a decent enough offer.

We don’t have any good depth past the top 8 guys and I don’t think it’s worth trading any of them. XSF is a veteran OG who might get a late round pick and they likely won’t keep him anyway but that’s about it. 

I guess if Spain lost his starting job then maybe, but otherwise no. 

52 minutes ago, Starkiller said:

We don’t have any good depth past the top 8 guys and I don’t think it’s worth trading any of them. XSF is a veteran OG who might get a late round pick and they likely won’t keep him anyway but that’s about it. 

S'ua-filo is the only one I could see them trading, but would have to be to a zone team. 

Casey, Johnson, Jones, Logan.....and for the sake of discussion, I'll assume King and Warmsley.

Recently the team has kept 6 DL on the roster and 5 active on game day.  If you have even a minor injury to one of the top 4 guys that means both King and Warmsley are up on game day.

If I could find a guy who's better than either one of these last guys, then I'd trade.  Depth on OL, where we have 9 guys and usually keep 8, is deeper than DL

3 hours ago, Starkiller said:

Past the top 8?? That's a lot of depth! These teams wanting to trade have no depth past like 5. I mean how many OL will be on the 53 in week 1? Let's assume Conklin is still PUP. Will we keep more than 8? If not, why not trade? 

54 minutes ago, Alcibiades said:

Past the top 8?? That's a lot of depth! These teams wanting to trade have no depth past like 5. I mean how many OL will be on the 53 in week 1? Let's assume Conklin is still PUP. Will we keep more than 8? If not, why not trade? 

Better to keep 8 good OL than get an extra 6th round pick and risk depth

1 hour ago, Soxcat said:

Especially with Conklin maybe not being ready to go.  We don't want to get rid of a decent OT right now.  What is also interesting is the fact JRob did so well in UDFA this year he proved he can grab 6th and 7th round level guys after the draft.  A number of them could make the team this year.   

Just to be clear, I'm saying 8 PLUS Conklin. We don't know how he looks, but he is out there doing some stuff. I don't think he plays for at least the first 4 games, maybe more. But if they think he's far enough along, and if they can find a desperate team...IDK...I'd consider it. I agree that a 6th is pointless. With a 6th, you'd get OL depth, which we already have. BUT, if someone offered a 4th for Pampanile? Or a third for Spain? Or Jones? Have to consider it, right? Levin can step into one of those spots.

I doubt we'd get offered anything like that, but if we did, I'd probably take it.

11 hours ago, Starkiller said:

Last season, playing on one of the worst OLs, XSF consistently graded out as one of the worst guards. I really doubt any team would give up a pick for him. 

Archived