Mariota, O-line Pumping Up Predators Playoff Crowd

Jonboy

6 minutes ago, Mercalius said:

Do you live in Nashville?

Isn't that the entire point of you bringing up Atlanta and Carolina? You never heard stories about their fanbase on their super bowl runs so it would only be relevant if he was constantly being told how "unprecedented" Nashville has been compared to any other city on an exciting playoff run.

• Replies 221
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'm sure folks here will enjoy this gif.   

Titans subreddit never fails....  

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, scine09 said:

No.  But I've seen this stuff happen in other cities and other sports.

Then you'd  also agree outliers exist.  The National narrative is that Nashville is an absolute outlier of a hockey market for the last couple of years.  People who live here will confirm this.  

Edited by Mercalius

13 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

Isn't that the entire point of you bringing up Atlanta and Carolina? You never heard stories about their fanbase on their super bowl runs so it would only be relevant if he was constantly being told how "unprecedented" Nashville has been compared to any other city on an exciting playoff run.

Nashville is making national headlines for its fanbase and game atmosphere.  National.  Granted from mostly hockey media but these are not local guys hyping a local story.  I don't recall a bigger sport with bigger coverage pumping similar stories from other small town football markets (like Atlanta and Carolina the last few years).  Meaning - not all winning creates the same level of fan enthusiasm. You guys are assuming that just because football is more universally popular than hockey that the core of both teams fans would absolutely be more hyped to do well in the former.  That's absolutely not guaranteed and seems very speculative given those that are arguing it don't live in the city of the team or near enough to the fanbase they're debating 

Edited by Mercalius

1 minute ago, Mercalius said:

Then your also agree outliers exist.  The National narrative is that Nashville is an absolute outlier of a hockey market for the last couple of years.  People who live here will confirm this.  

The Toronto Raptors are a great comparison.

Really depends on what you're measuring, tbh.

The passion of the average Pred fan would likely exceed the passion of the average Titans fan. As a result, the active party for Preds would quite possibly feel more intense. The spectacle as a whole would likely be bigger for the Titans, but the intensity for The Preds, observing from afar but staying rather tuned into it, is doubtful to be duplicated for the Titans... and it's pretty big, not just intense among a truly small population.

45 minutes ago, Jamalisms said:

Really depends on what you're measuring, tbh.

The passion of the average Pred fan would likely exceed the passion of the average Titans fan. As a result, the active party for Preds would quite possibly feel more intense. The spectacle as a whole would likely be bigger for the Titans, but the intensity for The Preds, observing from afar but staying rather tuned into it, is doubtful to be duplicated for the Titans... and it's pretty big, not just intense among a truly small population.

It's always been a theory that the passionate NHL fan is more passionate than a fan of any of the other major sports.  I am talking on a broader scope, not the passion among the hardcore fan.

2 hours ago, wiscotitansfan said:

If the Titans won the Lombardi vs the Preds winning the Stanley cup, the pandamonium and especially emotions that would be ensue that night wouldn't be comparable.

Do you honestly think they would be the same @Mercalius? There are hockey games every other night so it's easier to see the gameday excitement more often, I'm specifically talking about after a win.

A Wisconsinite telling a Nashvillian how wrong he about the excitement... What's wrong with this picture? 

You guys are wrong, plain and simple. The entire city is on fire for the team. It isn't just a loyal following. What they've done the past two years has solidified Nashville as diehard Predators. And we are a young team whose door is just opening. 

2 hours ago, Mercalius said:

What is the point?  That the entire city of Nashville that's getting unprecedented levels of press for their enthusiasm supporting a team (a hockey team at that) would be more energetic if it was football instead of hockey?  Maybe you could argue that but it's in no way a certainty.  Did you hear numerous stories about how fervent the Atlanta crowds were heading into the Super Bowl?  How about Carolina the year before?   I don't personally remember any.  Taylor Lewan has gone on record at least twice that he wishes the Titans atmosphere and fan enthusiasm would get on the level of the Predators  

This could be a moment in time that evaporates in a couple of weeks or even at the end of this series.  But it absolutely exists right now and people who haven't been around it absolutely can't comment on it accurately.  The fandom of the sport isn't as widespread as football, but the heart of the fanbase is exemplifying their passion for a sports team.  Even as more of a football guy, it's hard to imagine a Lombardi superseding this level of insanity.  I'd love to be proven wrong but I don't think my eardrums could take it.  

My cousin won tickets to tonight's game... And we happened to already planned on watching the jumbotron outside. Oh man, I am counting down the minutes to getting out of this fucking office and out of this damn suit! 

Just now, IsntLifeFunny said:

My cousin won tickets to tonight's game... And we happened to already planned on watching the jumbotron outside. Oh man, I am counting down the minutes to getting out of this fucking office and out of this damn suit! 

You're absolutely right about the city and the preds. It is on fire. 

I was able to snag 2 of the $15 tickets they released right at 10am, they only released 100. Can't wait to be at Bridgestone. 

If the titans continue to improve this will become even better. The support between teams is awesome with mularkey and Jrob going to preds games frequently as well as titans players. 

This city can feel making the cup!

32 minutes ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

A Wisconsinite telling a Nashvillian how wrong he about the excitement... What's wrong with this picture? 

So you honestly think Nashville would be more excited about a Stanley Cup than a Lombardi?

The only reason it is remotely possible is if that game was won on home ice... There is no home field for the Superbowl.

Just now, wiscotitansfan said:

So you honestly think Nashville would be more excited about a Stanley Cup then a Lombardi?

The only reason it is remotely possible is if that game was won on home ice... There is no home field for the Superbowl.

It's complete nonsense and short sighted thinking.

How about this?  When both teams win their respective titles we will see which has a bigger draw at the parade.  And we'll see which city had bigger TV ratings for the clinching game.

2 minutes ago, scine09 said:

It's complete nonsense and short sighted thinking.

It's hilarious how they are trying to say that we think no one is excited... They are taking out the whole argument of Football out of the equation, which is the entire conversation.

Of course people are excited, I don't get what the hoopla is by saying more people care about football than Hockey.

Just now, wiscotitansfan said:

It's hilarious how they are trying to say that we think no one is excited... They are taking out the whole argument of Football out of the equation, which is the entire conversation.

Of course people are excited, I don't get what the hoopla is by saying more people care about football than Hockey.

My brother was down in Nashville last weekend.  He said that the city is excited beyond belief and that everyone is wearing Predators gear.  It has absolutely nothing to do with that.

19 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

So you honestly think Nashville would be more excited about a Stanley Cup than a Lombardi?

This line of thinking is miopic. For the city of Nashville the Predators have entrenched themselves as the home team. The Titans have not, and with the way they sell their tickets to tons of outsiders likely won't anytime soon without a long playoff run. 

As well, you're off base to think you have any idea the excitement levels of the city for the Predators.