2017 Titans Report Dynasty League

Cyrus

3 hours ago, oldschool said:

Abenjami has a very good team but I wouldn't call it overpowered. Wilson isn't a top tier FF QB, Bryant has been inconsistent since Romo left, and Gordon is avg 2.5 ypc. DJ and JJ are absolute studs though. 

I actually hate Wilson as my QB but it's impossible to deny his production.  He is the #4 ranked fantasy QB when you look at the three year average points scored.

I don't consider him in the top tier.  To me that's Rodgers, Brees and Brady.  But Wilson has been at the top of tier two and i'll take that any season over an unknown.

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

So when does @oldschool officially change his team name to the Browns?

No way. We are close to seeing Jamal and Wisco posting pictures of themselves!

I was only talking about this season. I think you've made good moves even if you talk about your team like Jon Gruden talking about any QB. 

Posted Images

3 hours ago, 9 Nines said:

His team is very good but his team has no materially better shot than the other teams that make the play-offs - head-to-head playoffs are crapshoots.

ALso, this is a dynasty league.  For dynasty, I think a case can be made that his team is below average.  It is mostly older veterans, who have likely peaked.  He does not have many young replacements and no first round pick in 2018. 

This is laughable.  The only really old guys I have are Olsen, McCoy and Edelman (who I have already replaced).  Everyone else is under 29 years old and has at least 2-3 good seasons left in them.

No doubt my roster will be headed downhill by 2020 or 2021 but i'm sure I'll figure something out by then LOL

7 minutes ago, abenjami said:

No doubt my roster will be headed downhill by 2020 or 2021 but i'm sure I'll figure something out by then LOL

That's the comical thing about this league, a few managers act like 2-3 years of solid production is nothing and the only player of value is one who will have a 10 year shelf life.

36 minutes ago, abenjami said:

This is laughable.  The only really old guys I have are Olsen, McCoy and Edelman (who I have already replaced).  Everyone else is under 29 years old and has at least 2-3 good seasons left in them.

I looked at your roster just now.  It is a level or two younger than I was guessing but I would guess older than average, hence being better right now.   I should have quickly reviewed it before making that post. 

1 hour ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Spencer Ware may have been the penciled in #1 guy, but I never thought he was going to hold Hunt off for too long. He reeked of being a "stop-gap" just based off his prior RBBC usage when Charles started breaking down.

When I drafted him, I envisioned Hunt getting around 10 carries and 5 to 6 passes a game for the first 1/3 to half of season, which would be good enough for flex position, and taking over by mid to late mid season.

Then in camp, his coaches were making comments that it could be sooner.  Ware's injury completely helped jump start Hunt's involvement, but based on what he is doing, I think he would be getting most of the work by now even if Ware had not had an injury.

So great value taking him at end of 1st even with that flex-quality outlook for this year, and I thought he had a fair chance of being Emmitt Smith clone and I think he has shown that is what he is. 

1 hour ago, 9 Nines said:

When I drafted him, I envisioned Hunt getting around 10 carries and 5 to 6 passes a game for the first 1/3 to half of season, which would be good enough for flex position, and taking over by mid to late mid season.

Then in camp, his coaches were making comments that it could be sooner.  Ware's injury completely helped jump start Hunt's involvement, but based on what he is doing, I think he would be getting most of the work by now even if Ware had not had an injury.

So great value taking him at end of 1st even with that flex-quality outlook for this year, and I thought he had a fair chance of being Emmitt Smith clone and I think he has shown that is what he is. 

Dont hurt yourself. End of the first value? lol.

5 hours ago, 9 Nines said:

Of all my trades, you did probably get one of the ones that was clearly bad for me,  Ty Montgomery for a 2nd.

You've been trying to re-acquire him pretty determinedly. That trade I was proud of.

16 hours ago, Jamalisms said:

Personally, I think my trade of a first rounder for Joe Williams after the preseason game in which he exploded is probably the best move of the off-season.

This was obviously a great trade for you but @TitanJoe got Zeke for Dak.  Let's see if the guy you draft with that pick ends up being better than Zeke.

11 hours ago, 9 Nines said:

Of all my trades, you did probably get one of the ones that was clearly bad for me,  Ty Montgomery for a 2nd.  I was convinced, at the time,  that Green Bay had decided he was only a change of pace back based on all the RBs the team drafted and acquired.  Hopefully Zay Jones (who I drafted with the pick) develops and makes it a wash. 

The jury is still out on Ty Montgomery.  I don't think he can make it through a full season of being a real RB.  I avoided him in all leagues and if I had him, I'd be trying to dump him right now after the hot start.

9 hours ago, abenjami said:

This was obviously a great trade for you but @TitanJoe got Zeke for Dak.  Let's see if the guy you draft with that pick ends up being better than Zeke.

The jury is still out on Ty Montgomery.  I don't think he can make it through a full season of being a real RB.  I avoided him in all leagues and if I had him, I'd be trying to dump him right now after the hot start.

Meh. I think the way he's used in this offense spares him from some of the wear and tear of a "traditional" RB. I'm high on Montgomery and think he'll end up one of the top ten backs in fantasy. 

1 hour ago, Bink said:

Meh. I think the way he's used in this offense spares him from some of the wear and tear of a "traditional" RB. I'm high on Montgomery and think he'll end up one of the top ten backs in fantasy. 

We'll see. If he stays healthy I don't at all doubt he'll be in that top 10 range, especially in PPR. 

For me the risk was too big vs. where he was being drafted. I'd have picked him up in a later round but spending a 2-4 round pick on him wasn't worth it IMO.  Even if he stays healthy he doesn't have much of a shot of being a top 5 RB. 

On 9/20/2017 at 11:43 AM, 9 Nines said:

@Jamalisms and @Cyrus

@Cornrow Wallace accepted the player-portion, of our agreed trade, on our league's Yahoo fantasy site.  Please process and note that he also gets:  1) my 2018 1st round pick and 2) CMJ's 2018 2nd round pick that CMJ sent to me in a trade.

@Cyrus @Jamalisms @Cornrow Wallace

Thanks for updating the player portion of the trade on the Yahoo site.  Please update the 1st page of this post dealing with 2018 draft so that 1) my 1st round is now with Cornrow Wallace as well as 2) CMJ's 2nd round pick that I used to have. 

• 2 weeks later...
2 hours ago, NashvilleNinja said:

Friendly piece of advice. Whatever player I wind up drafting in the first round of next year's rookie draft is one you'd better avoid at all costs in fantasy next year.

Kevin White

Kenneth Dixon

Dalvin Cook

Just about makes me want to fucking quit. 

Yeah you've had some raw luck there.