• Micah Hyde, CB
    • Other (see comments)

• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Lol. Come on, guys. It's written clearly in the OP and I even wrote it on each question.  Did you read anything at all except the names?

I was most excited to get Davis to backup Walker.  That would be poetic for #82.

Eric Berry, Logan Ryan, Pierre Garcon, Jack Doyle, Brandon LaFell, Leon Hall.

Berry gives us a fantastic safety duo, Ryan is a solid #2 type of guy and we can draft our #1, Pierre Garcon is one of the best route runners in the NFL which is the most important aspect of a WR in our offense(and will be looked at as more important than speed, contrary to what some may think here), Doyle has the potential to be a solid TE, eliminating the need to draft one right now, LaFell is a guy who has produced at a decent rate over his career, and Hall is just a guy I chose for depth purposes.

43 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

As of right now, the board as a whole would make these signings...

Eric Berry

Logan Ryan

Robert Woods

Jack Doyle

Micah Hyde

Duron Harmon

Have to say, that would be a pretty amazing offseason.

The only one of those I didn't vote for was Harmon, I voted for Lafell over him because we would already have Berry and Byard. It would also put JRob in the spot to take BPA with both of the first rounders :cmj: 

sucks Berry won't ever hit the market though :/

Edited by heyitsmeallen

Martellus Bennett

Desean Jackson

Pierre Garcon

Brandon LaFell

Leon Hall

Take your pick w/ last one.

Immediately huge upgrades at TE and WR, Bennett is as good blocking as he is catching and is as physically impressive as Delanie. Desean Jackson I prefer over Jeffery, and he and Garcon have worked well together before and would be great fits for this offense and Mariota's strengths, which are similar to Cousins'.

Add Brandon LaFell into the mix and the offense is completely rebuilt and leaves us to heavily upgrade the defense through the draft, where players typically make an impact earlier.

3 minutes ago, MariGOATa said:

Hightower

Cyprien

Marcus Cooper

Sheppard

Idc

Idc

2 minutes ago, JNew said:

Martellus Bennett

Desean Jackson

Pierre Garcon

Brandon LaFell

Leon Hall

Immediately huge upgrades at TE and WR, Bennett is as good blocking as he is catching and is as physically impressive as Delanie. Desean Jackson I prefer over Jeffery, and he and Garcon have worked well together before and would be great fits for this offense and Mariota's strengths, which are similar to Cousins'.

Add Brandon LaFell into the mix and the offense is completely rebuilt and leaves us to heavily upgrade the defense through the draft, where players typically make an impact earlier.

No significant CB improvements thru FA? Interesting.

7 minutes ago, JNew said:

Martellus Bennett

Desean Jackson

Pierre Garcon

Brandon LaFell

Leon Hall

I don't think Bennett is a huge upgrade over Walker. He is 2 years younger. But that's about it. 

31 minutes ago, heyitsmeallen said:

He had the best year of his career.

4 ints one for a TD,11 PD, and 63 solo tackles. 

Stats don't tell the whole tale. He had a terrible PFF grade. Like really bad. But those don't tell the whole tale either.

He's someone I'll have to look more into then. Hadn't seen him mentioned much.

57 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

No significant CB improvements thru FA? Interesting.

I like our young corners we drafted last year and would like to see them get work, as well as add talent through the draft.  Experience and refined talent on offense, youth and raw talent on defense if I'm picking.

For instance, we draft Jamaal Adams and get these guys in FA our team looks totally different with plenty picks left to upgrade the 2nd and 3rd levels of defense.

Also it's not a vacuum, those are tremendous upgrades on offense which will help the defense perform and keep us from leaning on them down the stretch of games. Imagining Mariota with top tier talent at WR, things could get ugly real quick for opposing teams especially considering the strength of our run game.

Edited by JNew