tgo

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Interesting   I'm not sure 4500 sq ft qualifies as a mansion though ​

Eddie George is in no way qualified for the job and wouldn't be offered the job. He can't even manage his own finances. 

They need to hire Mayor Karl Dean.

Or just go with something smaller and donate to charity a few times a year. 

The larger size did not really affect the price.  In certain areas, the amount of square footage is a very minor factor.  Houses are priced more based upon location and amenities vs. price per square foot.  For example, there are 2,500 to 3,000 square foot homes in my neighborhood that are worth more than mine.  There are also 5,000 square foot homes on bigger lots worth less.

Now I certainly could have gone with something cheaper in order to donate more to charity but I did not and I don't feel bad about it.

I'm not sure the actual values but if the guy has $1 billion dollars, and 700 acres costs $1 million. That's nothing to him. $1 million to a $1 'billionaire' is like $100 to someone that has $100,000.

Might want to check that math again. 

To each his own on the house I guess.

I have a little over 2700 square feet and it's just me my wife and kid and there is a bedroom I never go in except to retrieve something from the extra closet.  My daughter has her own floor.  Could not imagine having more space, and it feels too big as it is, esp when the mother fucker has to be cleaned.  And more space = more crap to fill it up with.  Sometimes I feel oppressed by all the crap in our hosue, and our house is pretty Spartan compared to most.  The entire fucking house could burn to the ground and everything I would care about losing would probably fit in a banker's box.

We all three end up piled up on one bed or sofa anyway most of the time.

Would love to downsize now that it is just the wife and I.  Problem is, I want to stay in the area I'm in.  Great news, I could probably sell my house for $150,000 than I bought it 10 years ago.  Bad news, trying to find a smaller 1-level in the area for under $300,000

Raised 2 kids in my 2500 sq. ft. 2 story. We managed to live in 1100 sq. ft. townhouse when we were in the UK.

Right now it's just me and the wife, 2500 sq. ft. is way to much, kids bedrooms are basically storage.

Tex