Andrew Locker?

Face

Not Locker.

Oh wait- ignore yards, TDs, attempts, wins, games started... all the real things ... and just look at passer rating.

We found a number that's remotely close. THEY'RE ALMOST THE SAME!!!!

I felt the fact that the guy 99% of the fan base wants gone, and have a real good argument for it, has the exact same QB rating & completion% as the other guy who most feel is on the same level as the big 4. The irony.

My other point was that so many of us were saying how Locker's stats were misleading on Opening Day. OK, that may be, then why is it so out of bounds to say the same about Luck last night, who I can say with 100% certainty was not nearly as good as Locker was on Opening Day.

• Replies 248
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

It's a catch-22. Luck is the only reason they are competitive, but also a huge reason in a lot of losses. 

I guess stats are only good when they support the agenda

He's pretty good.  He might even be as good as Zach Mettenberger. 

I felt the fact that the guy 99% of the fan base wants gone, and have a real good argument for it, has the exact same QB rating & completion% as the other guy who most feel is on the same level as the big 4. The irony.

It's an argument against blindly using passer rating without context, not an argument for Locker being better than you might think or Luck being worse.

Its really not hard to understand. Luck was 22-10 and won a playoff game in his first two years while being asked to run an offense like a 10 year vet. I'll repeat my earlier comments. He has carried that team since day one. The OL is bad. The skill position players outside of Wayne who is old aren't anything special and the defense is atrocious. If Locker had won 22 games the past two years while carrying the load no one would give a fuck about his Passer Rating. This is a weak argument built upon hyperbole because someone doesn't like that the media over hypes Luck. Move on.

Edited by oldschool

Its really not hard to understand. Luck was 22-10 and won a playoff game in his first two years while being asked to run an offense like a 10 year vet. I'll repeat my earlier comments. He has carried that team since day one. The OL is bad. The skill position players outside of Wayne who is old aren't anything special and the defense is atrocious. If Locker had won 22 games the past two years while carrying the load no one would give a fuck about his Passer Rating. This is a weak argument built upon hyperbole because someone doesn't like that the media over hypes Luck. Move on.

Only 7 teams gave up more points than the Colts last year, in terms of scoring defense they were very good.

Only 7 teams gave up more points than the Colts last year, in terms of scoring defense they were very good.

It sure is nice playing 6 games against the Titans, Jags, and Texans. Does wonders for your Points Against. 

A lot of it is reputation based, that's for sure. When Luck has a poor game or makes a poor throw others are generally blamed for it. The same goes for Tom Brady. And when Locker has a good game, like in week 1 against the Chiefs, people want to knock it.

Not Locker.

Oh wait- ignore yards, TDs, attempts, wins, games started... all the real things ... and just look at passer rating.

We found a number that's remotely close. THEY'RE ALMOST THE SAME!!!!

It was more than passer rating.  

I'm not saying Locker and Luck are equal...not by a long shot....but Luck hasn't exactly had the most difficult schedule in the world to earn those division titles, and you know it.

The original point was that giving Luck 5-6 years to 'come into his own,' while claiming Locker only deserves 3 + 2 games, is hypocrisy, especially when you consider that Locker sat his first year and Luck came into the league as the greatest thing since Jughead.

That exercise I ran about Locker's 20 starts in the NFL with at most 6 of them being good, how do you think if I ran the same exercise for Luck's 34 regular season starts? I think we all know the answer to that.

I am as down on Locker as I've been and I think it's an insult to compare the two.

How do you think it would be if you did lucks first 20 starts?

If Colts had Locker these past 3 years..they don't make the playoffs and are possibly one of the worst teams in the league. If titans had Luck.. it possibly own the division. See my point

Not neccesarily Stan, Titans D has given up 129 more points the last 2 years than the Colts, 4 per game. That number is huge. Colts D is much better than the given credit for. The narrative that Andrew Luck has carried a terrible team the last 2 years is a fallacy of the highest order propagated by a league who is looking for their next Peyton or Tom because the current editions are getting old. The truth is he's a good QB on a pretty decent team in a terrible division that has won a huge % of close games. Those games haven't broke his way this year, and his flaws still remain. Gruden sprinting to his defense last night was shameless.

The problem with saying locker has been in the league for 4 years is that he only has 1.25 years of game experience.

Nothing can take the place of experience.

The reason the guy still looks like an early second year player sometimes with terrible consistency. Is because he is basically an early second year player.

Sure, off-season practices help some bit locker has constantly been put in the worst position to succeed… either by the revolving door of coaches or the constant injuries.

This is not a defense to keep locker but a defense against the statement "4th year in the league"

I agree with all that this is lockers last chance to prove himself.… and I think the coaching staff knows it is far more valuable to see how locker progresses throughout this year than it is to see what we have in mettenberger this season.

Edited by titanruss

How do you think it would be if you did lucks first 20 starts?

A lot better.

Going off memory:

Game 1-at Chicago-Bad

Game 2-vs Minnesota-Good

Game 3-vs Jacksonville-Bad

Game 4-vs Green Bay-Good

Game 5-At NY Jets-Bad

Game 6-vs Cleveland-Bad

Game 7-At Tennessee-Good

Game 8-vs Miami-Good

Game 9-At Jacksonville-Good

Game 10-At New England-Bad

Game 11-vs Buffalo-Good

Game 12-At Detroit-Good

Game 13-vs Tennessee-Bad

Game 14-At Houston-Bad

Game 15-At Kansas City-Bad

Game 16-vs Houston-Good

Game 17-vs Oakland-Good

Game 18-vs Miami-Bad

Game 19-At San Francisco-Good

Game 20-At Jacksonville-Good

That's all off of memory. His play may have been worse or better in some of the games. I know for a fact he was huge though in some of the games that I wrote "good." More than that, though, he had so much responsibility in each of those games. He led them back from I think 16 point deficits (maybe even more) against the Packers and Lions in his first year. There were several last minute drives to win the game outside of those two games.

There's really no comparison between the first 20 starts of each player's careers.