Caleb Farley Film Review

headhunter

35 minutes ago, headhunter said:

His technique can use some work and he did have a knee injury. If he cleans it up I think he can be a lockdown corner. I don’t see anyone torching him over the top that’s for sure.

This dude is Patrick Peterson 2.0

He is a once ever 5-10 years type of corner.

We are going to field a defense where we have a CB literally taking away 1/3 of the field and will be playing on an island. It’ll free up the safeties to focus on the middle and the other side of the field where Jenkins will be playing 

having Simmons, Autry, Landry, and Dupree all rushing the passer and Farley locking down his side of the field in 1v1 coverage on an island will cause opposing teams to make mistakes and turnovers and also sacks. 

I forgot what a coverage sack looked like after last year. It’s be nice seeing those again

5 hours ago, kyle021 said:

This dude is Patrick Peterson 2.0

He is a once ever 5-10 years type of corner.

We are going to field a defense where we have a CB literally taking away 1/3 of the field and will be playing on an island. It’ll free up the safeties to focus on the middle and the other side of the field where Jenkins will be playing 

having Simmons, Autry, Landry, and Dupree all rushing the passer and Farley locking down his side of the field in 1v1 coverage on an island will cause opposing teams to make mistakes and turnovers and also sacks. 

I forgot what a coverage sack looked like after last year. It’s be nice seeing those again

Imagine not HAVING to score 30 points to win every game!

imagine actually having confidence when your defense takes the field...

Farley certainly appears to be the whole package.....pretty much everything teams look for in a corner.   I'm excited to see what he'll bring to the table and his impact on the defense as a whole.

Only thing he is missing is polish. I think I used the word "frenetic" when I scouted him. He's a naturally confident guy but due to his lack of experience receivers can make him buy what they're selling and his eyes will lie to him sometimes which leads him to overreact to every little cue. I look for DCs to dial up double moves on him a lot early on to see if he will take the cheese. He might not be dominant year one but he has the tools. If he stays healthy he will be very good. I think the tackling will come. Tackling is all about want to which he does and he doesn't have any physical limitations. Even Adoree was a pretty good tackler before he fell apart.

Archived