Virginia Republicans Won’t Accept Their Own Internal Vote

reo

https://politicalwire.com/2021/02/19/virginia-republicans-wont-accept-their-own-internal-vote/

New York Times: “The Republican Party of Virginia has voted four times since December to nominate its candidates for this year’s statewide races at a convention instead of in a primary election. But in a sign of the Trumpian times of denial and dispute in the GOP, nearly half of the party’s top officials are still trying to reverse the results.”

“State Republicans have internalized the lesson that there is no benefit to accepting results they don’t like, and the result is a paralyzed party unable to set the date, location and rules for how and when it will pick its 2021 nominees for statewide office, including the race for governor.”

Buckle up b/c this shit is just getting started and I'm not talking about just Virginia. 

The push for Republicans to try and over turn elections they don't like is gonna get worse. You think the run up to Jan 6th was bad? Just wait until they've got 2-4 more years to try and put loyalists in positions where they might be able to actually try and over turn some of these things.

This is the natural progression of a dying party.

Don't have a counter policy/point? Spin it and ratchet up emotion.

Demographics aren't on your side? Gerrymander.

Can't defend your position? Spin their position and appeal more to emotion mainly anger

Can't spin it? Lie.

Media calling you out on your lies/spin? Paint them as partisan.

Most don't believe your lies? More Gerrymandering and voter suppression.

Running out of white lies? Blatantly lie and back it w/ propaganda and drum up more anger

Media calling you out on your lies? Flood them w/ lies and attack the credibility of the media

Some don't consume your propaganda? More voter suppression and more emotion/anger

Still can't win elections? Over turn them.

Can't over turn them? Use your angry base to over throw them violently.

It’s very much about not accepting the results and trying to change the rules and game the election,” said former Representative Tom Davis, a moderate Republican who won seven terms in Congress from a Northern Virginia district. “The reality now is even when Republicans pull together, they have a hard time winning, and when they’re divided, they have no shot of winning...

There is little establishment support for Ms. Chase, who last month was censured by her State Senate colleagues and stripped of committee assignments after she called the rioters at the Capitol “patriots.” She has recently been required to sit in a plexiglass box after refusing to wear a mask during Senate sessions. Ms. Chase has called it her “square of freedom.”

These people are absolute lunatics. I have to admit it’s pretty fun watching them burn down their own party. 

25 minutes ago, TitansFan777 said:

I still don’t think the Republican Party is in any process of dying just yet. 

At least 25% are serious about splitting off to a Trump party, and 5% are so mindfucked they convinced themselves their votes will never count so it ain’t worth trying. 

even if I’m off by 10% which I don’t think I am, that’s 20% of Republicans ready to never vote for a R. 

33 minutes ago, TitansFan777 said:

Saying it's dying doesn't mean it's going away especially any time soon. It's been on this path for at least the last 20 years.

1 hour ago, TitansFan777 said:

People said the same thing about the GOP with the rise of the Tea Party. The party didn’t split, the mainstream simply surrendered control of the party to the extremists so they could stay in power. It’s not going to be any different a decade later.

1 hour ago, Starkiller said:

People said the same thing about the GOP with the rise of the Tea Party. The party didn’t split, the mainstream simply surrendered control of the party to the extremists so they could stay in power. It’s not going to be any different a decade later.

It will be this time because there is open infighting and if the end result is even 10 percent then the margins remove them as a ruling party. It’s happening. If they don’t make huge inroads in the House in 2022 they’re done. 

3 hours ago, TitansFan777 said:

The Republican Party is dead.  What's replaced it isn't republicanism, but they still refer to themselves as that because that's what they've always called themselves.  

The majority of the party is authoritarian.  There is party ideology anymore, at least by the majority, and it appears like perhaps there never was.  Trump literally said he believed the government should take ownership stake in corporations seeking support during COVID.  Not a peep from the base.   The federal government having ownership stake in corporations?  Do you know what that sounds like?  

I forget what it was, but Tux had posted an article he didn't read (as usual) that said the actions the government was taking basically nationalizing industry.  In the revised NAFTA agreement they forced US manufactures to use a certain percentage of US made parts.  I think it was 20 or 25%.  Tariffs that has only resulted in either higher prices for consumers or lower profits for businesses.  Trump even bailed out the farmers that his tariff war damaged.  

Time and time again we saw the base support what would be considered non-Republican policy or ideals.  

What Trump exposed that the majority of the Republican Party doesn't really have a core belief system, outside of an "America First" mindset, which they do not understand are perfectly willing to abandon traditional Republican ideals in favor of.  

The party isn't dying, it is dead.  How the structural aspect plays out is not known, but the Republican party, in terms of its prior beliefs, is dead.  

1 hour ago, Number9 said:

We can hope.  Ted Cruz is my choice for them to run when Trump can't raise enough money to settle all the lawsuits coming.

Cancun Cruz is over

40 minutes ago, Rogue said:

What Trump exposed that the majority of the Republican Party doesn't really have a core belief system, outside of an "America First" mindset, which they do not understand are perfectly willing to abandon traditional Republican ideals in favor of.  

Right.

2 hours ago, Rogue said:

The Republican Party is dead.  What's replaced it isn't republicanism, but they still refer to themselves as that because that's what they've always called themselves.  

The majority of the party is authoritarian.  There is party ideology anymore, at least by the majority, and it appears like perhaps there never was.  Trump literally said he believed the government should take ownership stake in corporations seeking support during COVID.  Not a peep from the base.   The federal government having ownership stake in corporations?  Do you know what that sounds like?  

I forget what it was, but Tux had posted an article he didn't read (as usual) that said the actions the government was taking basically nationalizing industry.  In the revised NAFTA agreement they forced US manufactures to use a certain percentage of US made parts.  I think it was 20 or 25%.  Tariffs that has only resulted in either higher prices for consumers or lower profits for businesses.  Trump even bailed out the farmers that his tariff war damaged.  

Time and time again we saw the base support what would be considered non-Republican policy or ideals.  

The party isn't dying, it is dead.  How the structural aspect plays out is not known, but the Republican party, in terms of its prior beliefs, is dead.  

“ It was all a lie”

Archived