On to the Draft

CaliTitan3518

Just now, AussieTitanFan08 said:

A lot of the scouting reports don't include his 2020 season yet, he has been killed in multiple games this year for not going all out chasing guys, there was one play in the Championship Game yesterday he was getting slaughtered on social media for jogging after Devonta Smith after getting beat deep.

Yeah, I mean, that was just the other day, I heard all about that from all the fans watching it. 

I've read that he plays with fire and effort and is a hard hitter and great blitzer and good tackler, so I'll wait to see what the 2020 scouting reports say before ruling him out as a nickel/safety. 

I think you probably hate this player more than any player I've ever seen you talk about, Isaiah Wilson included. 

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The 3 weeks before the draft mock draft   Pick #22 - Northwestern CB Greg Newsome II Pick #53 - North Carolina WR Dyami Brown Pick #85 - Notre Dame TE Tommy Tremble Pick #100

Thinking back over the pre-draft process there is so much less information available than we usually have, below are the most notable Titans stuff that has been reported over the last couple of months

With the injury to Caleb Farley and the freakshow workout he had today you can forget about Jaycee Horn becoming a Titan.   The Cowboys will likely take Surtain at pick #10 and Horn will go

Posted Images

Just now, rns90 said:

I don't think Wade is going to be an early round option anyway.  They aren't likely to be plugging in 3 new starters in the secondary.

Adoree will still be here. So it'll be Fulton most likely and then the third corner will be a rookie or a FA

But I don't think if you were to draft Wade in the 3rd or 4th that he'd come in and start. 

Edited by tgo

Just now, tgo said:

Adoree will still be here. 

Should have clarified they aren't going to have 3 inexperienced starters in the defensive backfield.  They are unlikely to go with Fulton, Hooker and another rookie at the CB, NB and S spots.

They'll sign a vet somewhere either at nickel or CB.

1 minute ago, rns90 said:

Should have clarified they aren't going to have 3 inexperienced starters in the defensive backfield.  They are unlikely to go with Fulton, Hooker and another rookie at the CB, NB and S spots.

They'll sign a vet somewhere either at nickel or CB.

Yeah, I tentative agree with this. I think. 

2 minutes ago, tgo said:

Yeah, I mean, that was just the other day, I heard all about that from all the fans watching it. 

I've read that he plays with fire and effort and is a hard hitter and great blitzer and good tackler, so I'll wait to see what the 2020 scouting reports say before ruling him out as a nickel/safety. 

I think you probably hate this player more than any player I've ever seen you talk about, Isaiah Wilson included. 

As I posted in the draft forum thread yesterday his play has been so bad this year his only realistic option might be returning to Ohio St to try and salvage his draft stock and entering the 2022 draft.

With how awful the Titans 2020 offseason was this team simply can't roll the dice on a guy like Wade who for whatever reason has seen his play absolutely fall off a cliff this year.

Can't roll the dice on a guy like Wade in the 3rd or 4th as a nickel/big nickel, since he can't cover as an outside corner out of position! 

Would be catastrophic! 

Edited by tgo

I'm interested to see how the players that held out/didnt play much are impacted. 

Someone like Paulson Adebo in the 2nd would be great value if we were looking to fill an outside CB position. 

Asante Samuel Jr? There is the NE Vrabel ties with his dad. 

Edited by CaliTitan3518

News about the cap should circulate soon, PFT reported that it’s likely to be higher than everyone suspects. Even mentioned 195M (which would be huge for us) I get that it’s PFT and doesn’t mean much. With the new TV contracts coming through that may help with the cap situation as well. 

As far as the draft goes, i keep watching Barmore and Nixon- I truly think the quickest way to the QB is from the inside- they will want to get a guy to pair with Simmons. I assume we will sign 1-2 Edges in Free Agency in addition to the draft. The only edge player safe for 2021 is Landry. 

I had a Barmore/Patrick Jones 1/2 mock working. 

JROB definitely has some big decisions to make this offseason and our roster will have quite a bit of turnover 

1 minute ago, TWR said:

News about the cap should circulate soon, PFT reported that it’s likely to be higher than everyone suspects. Even mentioned 195M (which would be huge for us) I get that it’s PFT and doesn’t mean much. With the new TV contracts coming through that may help with the cap situation as well. 

Post that report on PFT it has been reported the older core of NFL owners are fighting to make sure the players take their full covid enforced financial hit this year.