The Rest of the Season

scine09

With the new rule that there's only one bye this year I think that the Titans just need to worry about one thing:  winning the division.  And obviously they have one team that will compete with them, Indianapolis.  I think win or lose today they weren't getting the #1 seed regardless.  KC's schedule is so easy and the Titans schedule is not.  And the AFC North winner also has it easier because they play the NFC East.  So what it comes down to is win most of the divisional games and a few more and you're fine.  The difference between getting the 2 seed, the 3 or the 4 is really not big, particularly this year with home field minimized.  Sure you'd rather have as high a seed as possible.  And yes, the 4 seed will suck because you're going to likely have to play Pittsburgh or Baltimore to open up.  But without a bye to fall back on it's really not that big of a deal.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You just get ready for next week and worry about one game at a time 

On to Cincinnati!

That's stinkin thinkin.

Jfc scine. Gtfo with this loser mentality. The Titans are one game back for the #1 seed. They can easily win 13 or more games. The Steelers have the Ravens twice and the Ravens have the Steelers twice plus the Titans. The Chiefs have an easier path but there are 10 games left. 

8 minutes ago, scine09 said:

You just need one of those top 4 seeds.  And if you're not getting number one, which the Titans never were win or lose today because of their schedule when compared to KC's, then I see little difference between the other 3.

This attitude makes no sense to me. 

Just now, oldschool said:

This attitude makes no sense to me. 

Look at KC's schedule.  How many games are they losing?  3 max?  And their two toughest games remaining are against NFC teams.

I'm sorry but the Titans are not a 14-2 team.  That's why I'm saying really the only thing they need to worry about is winning the division.

Just now, scine09 said:

Look at KC's schedule.  How many games are they losing?  3 max?  And their two toughest games remaining are against NFC teams.

I'm sorry but the Titans are not a 14-2 team.  That's why I'm saying really the only thing they need to worry about is winning the division.

If only all the results were determined by looking at the schedule.  This is why they play the games.  You can't assume anything.

Just now, scine09 said:

This is how we know you are really just a baseball guy masquerading as a football guy. The Titans are one game back for the #1 seed with 10 games left. 

Just now, scine09 said:

I’m not sure there are many games left that we won’t be favored in. Green Bay and Baltimore? 

Just now, oldschool said:

This is how we know you are really just a baseball guy masquerading as a football guy. The Titans are one game back for the #1 seed with 10 games left. 

I understand.  The goal to me is win the division.  The #1 seed is so important.  In the past it was the 1 and 2 seeds.  I definitely thought the Titans could get the 2 seed.  I never saw them as a 1 seed team.