Defense

Flarb

I know we’re injured. But not horribly, ie the 49ers this week. Jeez. 

Denver game? I remember Clowney being all over the place. He didn’t necessarily make huge plays, but I watched him all game, and he was very close to disrupting many plays. 

Jags game? I didn’t notice him doing much. What happened? 

Someone said Bongo had said the Jags had a good OL. Bongo. He operated on my taint when I went in with a lightly sprained ankle. 

What happened to the entire D? Especially up front. Were we missing Casey, WHO WE LET GO AND GOT NOTHING IN RETURN?...Yeah, I’m a little pissed about that that. 

So... what’s the problem?

Look around the league right now. Offenses are putting up the points. It’s not just our defense not doing well. I think the rookies and and other young players are struggling because of lack of practice and playing time.  Lots of very high scoring games in the league right now. 

13 minutes ago, Rogue said:

Hard to know what the problem is with key players being out, but I do think an argument can be made that a lack of DC is problematic. 

I can’t even begin to understand what actually happened. We couldn’t stop the run. We couldn’t stop the pass. The fact that we won is nearly a miracle it seems to me.

Our O, while mismanaged in my opinion, came through due to pure talent and execution when the correct plays were called, or possibly when Tanney called the shots on his own. 

I probably shouldn't dignify this post with a response but obviously we're lacking in the secondary due to injury. We also have a new play caller (Bowen) who is probably getting curb stomped by Vrabel as we speak. Alls well that ends well. - Laura Ingalls Wilder

6 minutes ago, SleepingTitan said:

I probably shouldn't dignify this post with a response but obviously we're lacking in the secondary due to injury. We also have a new play caller (Bowen) who is probably getting curb stomped by Vrabel as we speak. Alls well that ends well. - Laura Ingalls Wilder

I probably shouldn’t dignify your Nazi balls. 

Jags offense is pretty good, but yeah the defense isn't there yet. Injuries are playing a big role, especially with Beasley out .Thank god we signed clowney. Can  you imagine?? Simmons is a beast, which helps. Landry is just a guy for some reason. Clowney still made some plays, whatever the stats say. Watch the game. But our secondary is just not good right now.

It seemed like the defense was there in the first half but disappeared.  We're used to the defense getting better in the second half.  What was worrisome is they got worse.

It's a combination of the offense going 3-out while trying to burn clock, and not having Dean Pees looking at things and making adjustments.

NBC--Peter King......

Defensive Player of the Week

Kenny Vaccaro, safety, Tennessee. The Titans allowed the Jags to score 30 points, and so why is the defensive player of the week on a team that allowed Gardner Minshew and friends generate 480 total yards. Good question. I’d say it’s because without Vaccaro, it would have been worse, and maybe much worse. Vaccaro had 11 tackles, one sacks, two tackles behind the line, two more pressures of Minshew on blitzes, and two passes broken up. It’s a terrific all-around game by a terrific safety. 

Archived