The Environment

El Guapo

3 minutes ago, Rolltide said:

I'm saying that the entire ideology is racist! It still is today.

I know that's what you're implying. You want to undermine an ethical position on pro-choice/pro-environment/pro-whatever liberal cause by suggesting the intent is secretly racist/immoral. You're using poor reasoning to support it.

This whole 'Secret history of Up reveals it was Down the whole time!" is a go-to for Anti-Vaxxers, Flat Earthers and other conspiracy theorists. The argument and rebuttal is always the same.

There should really be a web page like TVTropes except with bad internet arguments that get repeated all the time.

You're saying A=B=C=D where A= 'Margaret Sanger', B='Racist' and C='Abortion' and D='Supporters of Pro-Choice'.

None of that holds up.

You haven't proven A=B. I'm skeptical because of the context you're presenting the information, but I don't know.

A /= C or D. Sanger was pro-birth control but against abortion. Her connection to Planned Parenthood is immaterial here.

With that in mind you've presented zero evidence that B=C.

And even if A=B=C, D would not follow. There might be any number of reasons to be pro-choice that don't align with another current or previous holder of the position.

48 minutes ago, Rolltide said:

Paul Erlich is one of the godfathers of the modern environmentalist movement.

Do I need to set up the diagram again? I feel like I've taught you how to fish already so maybe you can catch this one.

8 minutes ago, Rolltide said:

https://www.dailysignal.com/2015/07/22/13-things-you-probably-dont-know-about-planned-parenthood-founder-margaret-sanger/

These quotes and these beliefs are in support of blatant racism, genetic cleansing and totalitarian government. She is the patron saint of modern libtardism. 

Did you read the citations in the article you linked? Nothing at all about abortion. The race thing in the letter was out of context.

The Eugenics stuff as it relates to birth control and foreigners is gross and almost Trumpian in character. MAGA! But also pretty mainstream at the time. 

https://time.com/4081760/margaret-sanger-history-eugenics/

http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/americanexperience/features/pill-eugenics-and-birth-control/

Hmm... her eugenics plan wasn't to stop minority races... it was to stomp out idiocy. I see why that hits close to home for you.

Again, none of this is material to modern Planned Parenthood or the Abortion debate.

George Washington had slaves. Does that make Trump pro-slavery?

17 minutes ago, Rolltide said:

I saved this one for a post of it's own. Peak oil, another one of those libtard lies. 

No more oil by 2000!

Tired of being wrong?

Good job finding a handful of scientists from history that made some wrong or exaggerated claims about the future. I'm sure it's all accurate, in context, and representative of consensus. 

I guess that makes science wrong and the Bible right.

You can skip your flu shot this year.

1 hour ago, Rolltide said:

Shut the fuck up. Your heroes are regularly predicting the end of the earth every 10 years. 

Here is Bernie Sander's statement about climate change. total bullshit. 

Bernie's statement checks out.

1 hour ago, Rolltide said:

Bible? Making a real asshole of yourself? What does that have to do with me you idiot? 

But you vote for conservatives.

Ipso facto you agree with every notion, good bad or indifferent, held by every conservative in the history of the United States.

Isn't that your point throughout this thread?

13 minutes ago, T-RAC said:

But you vote for conservatives.

Ipso facto you agree with every notion, good bad or indifferent, held by every conservative in the history of the United States.

Isn't that your point throughout this thread?

He doesn’t know his point. As much as I enjoy watching you rip him to shreds, don’t think that he has a singular point whatsoever except to talk shit about Democrats. Nothing you say will make him pause for even a second. 

9 hours ago, IsntLifeFunny said:

He doesn’t know his point. As much as I enjoy watching you rip him to shreds, don’t think that he has a singular point whatsoever except to talk shit about Democrats. Nothing you say will make him pause for even a second. 

He is a dumb old fuck that uses outdated terms like "owned" all the time but never uses it properly. 

One of the few times it is ever appropriate is Trac doing so to Rolltard in this thread.