Talking w/ TD - Breakdown of AFC South Positional Groups

Supdawg

Watson definitely has issues in terms of pocket passing and dead on accuracy (the ball placement metric).  Saying that, he's outstanding at using his mobility to make big plays down the field and he's a very instinctive and effective running threat.  His football IQ seems high.

If he wants to be in the top tier, he needs to improve his game inside the pocket in the confines of the designed offense.  Still, he's effective very much like Cam Newton has been when you look at the totality of passing and running. 

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

fuller is a great compliment to Hopkins and Hopkins is friggin insane.

Regardless of his quarterbacking skills Watson has the ability to consistently make big plays. Which puts him ahead.

https://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/W/WatsDe00/red-zone-passing-plays/2018   8 of the 20 TD’s were to Hopkins.  The same number that Mariota had in total

4 hours ago, abc2330 said:

I like Fuller just fine.  But I think there is a reason why his production triples with Watson at QB.  I get the sensation that Fuller is overrated and Watson is severely underrated by people on this board.  He makes as big an impact on his offense as any QB in the league.

You might be correct. 

Cam Newton has put together a very good career. Cam is what I thought VY was going to be. Many other posters thought Mettenberger was a starting QB. Others expected the same out of Locker. Others  had  Volek, Chris Simms and even Rusty Smith as QBOF. Many thought Fitztragic was a good option at QB. We have more imaginary awards for best backup QB than any other team. BTW, I expect someone to dust off that trophy for Tannenhill.

My point? Based on TR history, when it comes to QBs, we are wrong more often than right. So TR underrating a QB on a rival team should not be surprising.

22 minutes ago, Soxcat said:

Some fans just want to be optimistic even if it is illogical.  After all we did spend high draft picks on VY, Locker and Mariota.  Not sure anyone thought those other guys could be more than a decent starter at best but that was something we needed. 

Hey BiscuitButt, coffee is on so swallow your Jimmy Dean and get your tardlardass in gear and make me laugh.