NBA Talk

CaliTitan3518

Just now, JakePA_Titan said:

Really? Harden didn't have to and every game was fairly close... POR depth is just as good

Good thing the reg season has nothing to do with the WCF....also, I'm assuming KD played in thise games....

You think that was a great team? It was the Klay show in the first half and Curry show in the second. Almost everyone of Iggys 3pt makes, he was wide open. Wide open. 

Green went for 8, 10, and 6. And if you think what Jokic did against yall in the reg season is a non factor, Greens boxscore last night was less than what Jokic did vs yall. If Looney is going to continue to be your 4th highest scorer at 14, you'll see how how great that team as a whole really is not when you play a team that isnt led by a crybaby flopping choker. 

Yall struggled on the glass against HOU. What do you think will happen against Jokic, Milsap, and Plumlee? 

You're buggin. 

Lol ok Jake. 

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Or you're just that annoying and have wayyyyy too many conversations with yourself where they don't want to wade through the trash.... I have you on ignore because you're annoying as fuck when you go

You truly try to live up to the name Simple Jake, right?

It was for George and Kawhi though

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Wow. You're starting to sound like OF. "Our record with the big 3 together".

Tell me, who exactly were all of those wins against and what was your depth at the time?

Let me guess, it doesn't matter. 

Really, I see no argument though. You have none. 

DEN and POR both have been better defensively in the playoffs than HOU. 

They have also rebounded better and have committed less TOs per game. 

Idc what you say, yalls toughest test to this point in these playoffs will be in the next round. And without KD, yall are in jeopardy. 

It waant long ago you said if GSW 3s werent dropping yall were losing to HOU....that was with KD still....

So what happens when Curry doesnt tie a record for most points in the final 4 minutes of a game? I would bet yall lose.

It just shows we don’t rely on KD to win. 

Lol ya if a team that usually shoots close to 40% from 3 shoots around 25% they lose. When two players who are arguably two of the greatest shooters of all time shoot 20% they lose. They had a stretch of bad shooting but got going. Not sure how Portland or Denver can beat the warriors if they played like they did last night. Houston played their best all around game of the series and still lost. 

Currys point total was inflated by free throws at the end. The game was over with just under 2 mins. 

You are overrating Portland and Denver. Sorry they just aren’t that good. KD or No KD warriors will win. People forget how great the warriors are without him. I agree the depth is a concern but they just need 3-4 guys to play a role. They did that no problem at the end of 5 and all of game 6 last series. 

Its really a moot point because KD likely plays. Hopefully he misses a game or two so we can see. 

13 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Lmao so who the fuck do you think you relied on when Curry was going 7-35 on contested 3s in the first 5 games? Not Durant, huh? Boogie maybe?

And? If he misses, he doesnt tie the record and yall have a much better chance of losing. I'm sure those that he tied with were in the same boat. 

Lmao. What year are we talking about? Yall were not great without him. Only Klay and Curry was. And they were only great for one half each. They are going to have to play a full game, not just alternate halves, going forward. 

You really think Dame will go 7 minutes without scoring like Harden did? Maybe you are overrating HOU. Dame is playing like he has something to prove. Far more than Harden did. I hope DEN advances because I'm going to enjoy seeing yall get worked on the boards. 

You dont need him to be out to see. If either team can take you to 6 or 7 while KD is there, it stands to reason their chances would have been that much better if he wasnt. 

You sit here and say "oh, my Warriors played great without KD".

Meanwhile the entire world is laughing at Harden and the Rockets for choking like $2 whores.

Yall had one player in double figures in the entire first half. And it was tied at half.

It's funny you sit here and say they ppl kayed great even though everyone else knows it was HOU playing like shit.

What can you do, homers gonna home. 

We were 2-2 against Houston with KD. The warriors play a different style of game with him. Way more ISO and not as much pick and roll and ball movement. 

Curry is the greatest free throw shooter in the history of the NBA lol what if he misses? Lmao he rarely does. 

I don’t think you’ve been watching how Portland and Denver match up. Denver has been struggling to defend the small lineup. GS has a great small lineup. Portland has struggled defending the pick and roll. Another thing the warriors do well. Outside of Jokic Denver hasn’t been great. If it’s Portland it’s McCollum and Lillard vs Klay and Curry. I don’t think it’s a question who I take in that matchup. 

1 minute ago, JakePA_Titan said:

So what are you saying. You're a better team with KD? Sure sounds like it. 

What si wrong with you? In one post you try and downplay his accomplishment by saying half those points came via FTs as if it made the 16 points in 4 minutes less meaningful. Then you go "hah, miss? Hes the beat FT shooter all time". 

The point still is, those 16 points were very meaningful. Regardless of how they came. And 16 points in the last 4 minutes by one player is unlikely to happen again. 

Haha. Who cares how they match up. What matters is how they will matchup to you. Den will force you to play Looney and Bogut heavy minutes. If yall go small often, you for damn sure better shoot 70% because you wont get no boards. Unless they are long rebounds on Currys 35 foot heaves.

Lmao yall dont do pick and roll. You do pick and pop. Your bigs (Geen, Looney, and Bogut) combined for 22 points. If yall actually ran pick and rolls and did it well, they would score more. Meanwhile, Greens points rarely come off pick and rolls. So take 8 points off that 22. 

Lmao. Murray is averaging 3 more points against POR than he did in the regular season. 

Harris is averaging 2 more points than in the regular season. 

So is Milsap along with him averaging a double double. Idk what you're talking about.

So their top players are performing better than they did in the regular, but only Jokic is playing great?

How about this, without Durant, only Iggy and Klay have been great. Curry has only scored more than his season average twice against HOU in those 6 games. 

No, it's not. It becomes role players vs role players. Those 4 will more often than not cancel each other out.

Plus, I'm waiting for Currys ankles to act up again once he has to gaurd a quick PG in Dame and not a dinosaur who barely moves in CP3. 

Either team you face will be quicker and much more athletic than the Rockets were. Keep doubting them though. 

The only advantage yall have over those teams with KD out is coaching. 

You are an idiot if you think the warriors can’t win without KD. I’m done with this discussion. 

1 hour ago, socaltitan said:

The Rockets are this decades Phoenix Suns w/ Steve Nash that could never get over the hump. Ironically they too were coached by D'Antoni. 

It's not irony. D'Antoni and his refusal to play decent defense is the whole problem. How the hell did the Warriors score 118 last night with Thompson and Curry only combining for 60? Horrible defense is how.

16 hours ago, kgsTitan said:

Next year is wide open since you have to figure the Warriors are probably losing 1 and maybe 2 of Thompson, Durant, and Green.

Green is under contract through 2020, so unless they trade him he's not going anywhere. Plus they won't lose both KD and Klay either.

We can assume that Durant will opt out of his $31.5M deal making him a free agent and leaving them with about $19.7M in cap space.

They have Bird Rights for Klay so he either gets a max, or more likely a supermax deal, assuming he makes one of the 3 All-NBA teams.

So in all likelihood they lose KD (plus Boogie) and hold on to Green, Klay, and Curry. But who can they add with just $19.7M in cap space?

24 minutes ago, Oiler FANatic said:

Green is under contract through 2020, so unless they trade him he's not going anywhere. Plus they won't lose both KD and Klay either.

We can assume that Durant will opt out of his $31.5M deal making him a free agent and leaving them with about $19.7M in cap space.

They have Bird Rights for Klay so he either gets a max, or more likely a supermax deal, assuming he makes one of the 3 All-NBA teams.

So in all likelihood they lose KD (plus Boogie) and hold on to Green, Klay, and Curry. But who can they add with just $19.7M in cap space?

Warriors are going to keep them all and exceed the $300 mil roster 

27 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Didnt say they cant win. You're an idiot if thats what you took from any of what I said. 

And you should be done for embarrassing yourself for thinking it's not a challenge even without KD.

It sounds like you're so confident either way that you wont even waste your time watching the WCF. 

Warriors in 5 with or without KD.

Wtf is this challenge shit? What does a challenge matter? It’s the fucking playoffs. You win or you go home. I don’t think either team is capable of beating the warriors in a 7 game series with or without KD. 

You want to hype up Denver and Portland so grow some balls and make your call. 

3 hours ago, oldschool said:

It's not irony. D'Antoni and his refusal to play decent defense is the whole problem. How the hell did the Warriors score 118 last night with Thompson and Curry only combining for 60? Horrible defense is how.

They didn't box out well and they got lazy on the off ball screen switches, which is death against the Warriors.

53 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

We'll come back to this.

We won without him. We won the most games any team in the history of the NBA has. Durant is not the reason for the warriors success. He joined in on it. Will we win another championship without him? Who knows. Only one team has gone to the more than 4 consecutive finals up to this point. 

55 minutes ago, JakePA_Titan said:

Ok

A challenge is something that could prevent you from accomplishing your goal. And a challenge varies in difficulty depending on the circumstance. See, your challenge of either DEN or POR increases in difficulty if you dont have KD. 

Truest thing you've said yet.

Obviously. So since you dont see them as a threat and dont even believe they deserve to be there, you're not going to watch right? Who wants to watch a mismatch of the degree in which you believe it will be?

Too many variables to make a call right now. But this much I will say, if KD doesnt play, it wont be over in 5. 

What does the variable of the challenge matter if you still win? If the warriors sweep either team but win every game by one point are you going to come on here and claim you were right about a challenge? The challenge means absolutely nothing if you can’t win. 

Lol I’m a warriors fan why wouldn’t I watch? 

They are also saying Boogie might come back during the WCF.