Titans Promote Batson

tgo

5 hours ago, Starkiller said:

He had a solid camp and knows the playbook. It’s not crazy. 

The fact act that he bailed on the team and chose the Jets over them is probably a major red flag for JRob

He has better hands than anybody on the team currently. 

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Well, there's this...    

I was a fan of a team who has drafted maybe 2 studs over the past 4 years.  Davis is on pace for well over 1k yards with some of the worst QB play in the league, and Adore e has made a couple of highl

Dude that's nothing. I can easily start crushing early to mid 90's guys....not quite as old as @OILERMAN, I think he clearly remembers the Bum Phillips days....   All kidding aside though, I

It kind of got lost in the shuffle but it was said that it looks like we tried to make a deal for a WR & it didn't work out.

I'll be honest, I kind of want to know who we were targeting.....

I thought Burnette was especially clutch on 3rd down. He showed up making tough catches at some timely moments.

I will agree, he is a bit immature. Came across his Trojan campus personality profile video during the lead up to the draft, trawling for highlights.

Staged and canned cheese. Literally says to the camera, “Oh hey, I didn’t see you there.” Fuugh, it was baaaad.

But, I thought this was semi-interesting:

https://www.nashvillepost.com/sports/tennessee-titans/blog/21020422/by-the-numbers-titans-in-the-preseason

“11 – receptions by Deontay Burnett (pictured). The undrafted rookie out of USC was the Titans’ leader and his total was the most by a Tennessee player in the preseason since tight end Chase Coffman had 12 in 2015. The last time a wide receiver had more than 10 receptions in the preseason was 2003, when Derrick Mason had 11. Mason’s 15 in 2001 rank as the most by any wide receiver during the Titans era (1999-present).

• 24 – tackles by Robert Spillane. The undrafted rookie was the Titans’ leader and paced a group of four inside linebackers who finished among the top five tacklers. The others were Jayon Brown (second with 16), Daren Bates (fourth, 15) and Will Compton (fifth, nine). Brown and Compton did not play against the Vikings. In a 3-4 defense, the inside linebackers are supposed to be able to run free and make tackles, and those stats suggest the defense has functioned well in the run-up to the regular season.”

I guess that also goes to show how basically meaningless preseason stats are, but I’m excited to see Spillane come up. Hopefully lights a fire under Evans.

Anyone could see Adoree was active and all over the place last year defending passes and being in the right place more often than not. And now the picks are coming. For his draft position by most projections, he has surpassed expectations, given he was seen by many as a late first, early second round pick. Gotta be happy with him overall.

I won’t go into all the others, but there have been some very nice early returns on a select number of the draft picks in the JR era so far. 

14 minutes ago, GLinks said:

Anyone could see Adoree was active and all over the place last year defending passes and being in the right place more often than not. And now the picks are coming. For his draft position by most projections, he has surpassed expectations, given he was seen by many as a late first, early second round pick. Gotta be happy with him overall.

I won’t go into all the others, but there have been some very nice early returns on a select number of the draft picks in the JR era so far. 

I was pretty vocally opposed to the Adoree pick but I'm happy to say I was totally wrong.

I thought he was more of a 2nd or 3rd corner type, big time returner, maybe gimmick offensive player. Think R.W McQuarters if you remember him. But the way he improved last year was borderline remarkable, it was basically on a weekly basis. By seasons end he was very good, and he's picked up right where he left off. He's been a stud. The picks are coming & if he gets a pick 6 or two, we'll really start hearing his name.

Marshon Lattimore has completely fallen apart so right now TraDavious White is the only corner in last year's draft playing better then Adoree.

32 minutes ago, Face said:

I was pretty vocally opposed to the Adoree pick but I'm happy to say I was totally wrong.

I thought he was more of a 2nd or 3rd corner type, big time returner, maybe gimmick offensive player. Think R.W McQuarters if you remember him. But the way he improved last year was borderline remarkable, it was basically on a weekly basis. By seasons end he was very good, and he's picked up right where he left off. He's been a stud. The picks are coming & if he gets a pick 6 or two, we'll really start hearing his name.

Marshon Lattimore has completely fallen apart so right now TraDavious White is the only corner in last year's draft playing better then Adoree.

You may be showing your age with the McQuarters name drop lol. 

1 hour ago, Face said:

Lol, of course I remember. Not many people survive getting shot in the back of the head and have a Super Bowl ring. 

I didn’t guess the pick would be Adoree — I remember wanting Howard after McCaffrey — so both Davis and Jackson were surprises. But I was like, Hey, so what, JR nailed the Conklin and Byard picks. But Adoree, not flashily but solidly, has taken care of most of his business.

No jinx, but...Samari Rolle, as in, steady and reliable. Last year was remarkable. My take on Lattimore has always been, eh, I don’t care because Jackson is playing so well the majority of the time. His coverage numbers are very good, last season and this season.

2 hours ago, StephenIsLegend said:

You may be showing your age with the McQuarters name drop lol. 

Dude that's nothing. I can easily start crushing early to mid 90's guys....not quite as old as @OILERMAN, I think he clearly remembers the Bum Phillips days....

All kidding aside though, I'm probably not as old as you think. But sports is one of a few things that remind me how fast life goes. It seems like yesterday when I was a kid & my Dad would tell me about his favorite players when he was my age. It amazes me how long ago some games or drafts were. For example, the '08 playoff game against the Ravens. Heartbreaker. But it's amazing that was 10 years ago, it feels like yesterday.

When we drafted VY, also feels like yesterday. I had draft parties starting in '04, back when the first 3 rds were on Saturday. But the '06 draft was so fun, the whole draft season really. There was endless rumors that year,  for a bunch of teams, but mainly based around the top 3 & Bush, VY, Leinart, etc. There were rumors of teams offering the most stunning packages ever to move up for Reggie Bush. There were plenty involving us keeping McNair & moving up for Bush. Then it became obvious we were drafting a QB & it all came down to Leinart & VY. For awhile it sounded like Leinart was the guy & we still didn't know for sure when the card was turned in, but by the last 2 weeks or so everything was pointing to VY

Oh, and that's how I started reading the board. When reading draft rumors at work I stumbled on the Bongo thread about how everybody wanted Leinart & we were gonna do what we had to. It was all totally wrong but I didn't give a shit, it was like crack. I was in for good after that.

1 hour ago, Face said:

Dude that's nothing. I can easily start crushing early to mid 90's guys....not quite as old as @OILERMAN, I think he clearly remembers the Bum Phillips days....

What's crazy to me is I remember all these coaches playing, Mularkey and Jason Garrett to name a few. I remember the Bum and Earl Campbell days but really don't have real knowledge until mid/late 80s

On 10/12/2018 at 6:13 AM, OILERMAN said:

What's crazy to me is I remember all these coaches playing, Mularkey and Jason Garrett to name a few. I remember the Bum and Earl Campbell days but really don't have real knowledge until mid/late 80s

Beginners! I was there, live and in person, for Pete Beathard's first start as the new Oiler QB and I got to see the visiting San Diego Chargers when the Oilers were still playing in Jeppeson Stadium.

On 10/12/2018 at 5:13 AM, OILERMAN said:

Honestly, Vrabel is the first coach I remember watching play.  It is still surreal to me.  Haha.

On 10/12/2018 at 3:50 AM, Face said:

All kidding aside though, I'm probably not as old as you think. But sports is one of a few things that remind me how fast life goes. It seems like yesterday when I was a kid & my Dad would tell me about his favorite players when he was my age. It amazes me how long ago some games or drafts were. For example, the '08 playoff game against the Ravens. Heartbreaker. But it's amazing that was 10 years ago, it feels like yesterday.

When we drafted VY, also feels like yesterday. I had draft parties starting in '04, back when the first 3 rds were on Saturday. But the '06 draft was so fun, the whole draft season really. There was endless rumors that year,  for a bunch of teams, but mainly based around the top 3 & Bush, VY, Leinart, etc. There were rumors of teams offering the most stunning packages ever to move up for Reggie Bush. There were plenty involving us keeping McNair & moving up for Bush. Then it became obvious we were drafting a QB & it all came down to Leinart & VY. For awhile it sounded like Leinart was the guy & we still didn't know for sure when the card was turned in, but by the last 2 weeks or so everything was pointing to VY

Oh, and that's how I started reading the board. When reading draft rumors at work I stumbled on the Bongo thread about how everybody wanted Leinart & we were gonna do what we had to. It was all totally wrong but I didn't give a shit, it was like crack. I was in for good after that.

I love it, though.  Making me recall all these dudes I remembered watching back in the day (relative to my age).  I'm only 30, though.