Sign in to follow this  
Kyle021

Players I have my eye on with our first and second rounder

Kyle021   

Not going to list the obvious Dexter Lawrence, Nick Bosa or Ed Oliver. 

RB - Bryce Love - Stanford (1)

RB - Damien Harris - Alabama (1)

RB - Rodney Anderson - Oklahoma (1)

RB - Mike Weber - Ohio State (2)

WR - Emanuel Hall - Missouri (2)

WR - AJ Brown - Ole Miss (1)

WR - N’Keal Harry - Arizona State (2)

WR - Paris Campbell - Ohio State (2)

TE - Noah Fant - Iowa (2)

TE - Caleb Wilson - UCLA (2)

TE - Irv Smith Jr - Alabama (2)

DE - Raekwon Davis - Alabama (1)

DE - Rashaan Gary - Michigan (1)

DE - Christian Wilkins - Clemson (1)

DE - Derrick Brown - Auburn (2)

OLB - Clelin Ferrell - Clemson (1)

OLB - Austin Bryant - Clemson (1)

OLB - Porter Gustin - USC (2)

ILB - Devin White - LSU (1)

- Top 10 pick - transcendent player

ILB - Anfernee Jennings - Alabama (2)

ILB - Mack Wilson - Alabama (1)

S - Taylor Rapp - Washington (2)

S - Lucas Denis - Boston College (2)

Kyle021   

I really think it would be wise to extend Morgan for two years, let Landry replace Orakpo and if possible make a jump up in the draft for Bosa, Oliver, Ferrell, Gary, or Devin White

we could stand pat and one of these guys will fall to us. This draft is loaded with front 7 playmakers. 

If we decide to go offense then if Love is sitting there I don’t hesitate. I draft him. Perfect fit for this offense and Mariota. 

If Love isn’t there I either go for AJ Brown who is going to be a star or I take the best available OL even if it’s an OT and play him at OG until we make a decision about Conklin

Center would be a wise choice

i could see us spending big money on a pass rusher in FA on the interior and drafting another ILB if the right guy is there or OLB

Bryce Love reminds me so much of Freeman. I love Anderson as well. Think a young DeMarco Murray. 

Then again... Atlanta will be letting Tevin Coleman walk and that... that’s who I would go after in FA at RB if Henry just shows he can’t be a depenadable Starter. 

Coleman is a legit 3 down back

Kyle021   
On 9/24/2018 at 8:42 AM, headhunter said:

It all depends who we dont resign next offseason. TE seems like a huge need on offense. OL seems fine, OLB and the secondary seems ok too. 

I can see TE, OLB, DL, or OL as our pick. Also WR. I think WR is high on list

El Guapo   

I think we pick the best available. I just cannot see picking an interior OL or WR. I would love a killer defensive player. As draft progresses, will need to look at RB.

I'd like to see us take the best pass rusher on the board. This looks like a loaded DL/Edge draft. Probably the best one since 11' Getting another young edge rusher to pair with Landry is tempting. I like DaQuan and AJ just fine, but adding another stud pass rushing DL next to Casey would also be great.

don't think we will be remotely close to being in a position to draft him, but the Titans were in attendance to watch Houston DT Ed Oliver yesterday.

its a dream but would be incredible to put him on the same DL as Casey/Landry.

early in the scouting process seems we are checking in on some of the higher ranked DL/pass rushers, Simmons and Sweat are both potential first round guys.

ctm   
On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 7:53 PM, AussieTitanFan08 said:

don't think we will be remotely close to being in a position to draft him, but the Titans were in attendance to watch Houston DT Ed Oliver yesterday.

early in the scouting process seems we are checking in on some of the higher ranked DL/pass rushers, Simmons and Sweat are both potential first round guys.

Oliver is a top 3 pick at worst and maybe even #1 overall.  I doubt they pick that high, but unless they get the offense straightened out the Titans are going to have a high pick, maybe a very high pick.

Montez Sweat would be a great replacement for Morgan.

6 hours ago, ctm said:

Oliver is a top 3 pick at worst and maybe even #1 overall.  I doubt they pick that high, but unless they get the offense straightened out the Titans are going to have a high pick, maybe a very high pick.

Montez Sweat would be a great replacement for Morgan.

with 3 wins already its hard to see us getting a top 5 pick, but if we don't fix that offense soon I can certainly see us with a top 15 pick.

this looks to be a great draft for DL/Edge guys, not so great for top end WR/RB, pretty good at TE, ok at OL.

not sure there are any WR/RB or even TE I would take with a top 20 pick, despite our issues on offense I would hope JRob wouldn't reach for a need, and take the BPA this year.

noticed today Dane Brugler updated his top 32 big board, had 16 DL/Edge guys on it.

Face   

This draft seems pretty well set up for our needs with tons of interior DL, of all kinds to. Some very good edge rushers & WR's, especially some WR's with great size. Guys like AJ Brown who  is a big, thick strong slot WR & the kid from Stanford & DK Metcalf from Ole Miss, 2 outside guys with great length who excel at the catch point. We could really use that.

But I love these interior DL. It sounds like Ed Oliver may drop a bit more then originally thought as he's not overly polished in the pass rush & there's talk that he may check in very small for a DT. Right now I think my guy is Dexter Lawrence, he reminds me of the interior lineman from 10-25 years ago, 330-350 pounders who not only stayed on the field on 3rd down but dominated. Guys like AH,  Chester McGlockton, Shaun Rogers when motivated, Kris Jenkins, Marcus Stroud, etc....

10 minutes ago, Face said:

This draft seems pretty well set up for our needs with tons of interior DL, of all kinds to. Some very good edge rushers & WR's, especially some WR's with great size. Guys like AJ Brown who  is a big, thick strong slot WR & the kid from Stanford & DK Metcalf from Ole Miss, 2 outside guys with great length who excel at the catch point. We could really use that.

But I love these interior DL. It sounds like Ed Oliver may drop a bit more then originally thought as he's not overly polished in the pass rush & there's talk that he may check in very small for a DT. Right now I think my guy is Dexter Lawrence, he reminds me of the interior lineman from 10-25 years ago, 330-350 pounders who not only stayed on the field on 3rd down but dominated. Guys like AH,  Chester McGlockton, Shaun Rogers when motivated, Kris Jenkins, Marcus Stroud, etc....

Metcalf has a broken neck and is out for the rest of the CFB season, a lot of uncertainty as to whether he will declare to enter the draft this year.

we need more explosiveness from OLB spot, we should be looking at guys like Brian Burns, Jachai Polite, Montez Sweat.

ctm   
On ‎10‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 7:53 PM, AussieTitanFan08 said:

The OC for Miss. St., Elgton Jenkins, is also very good and probably a 2nd round pick.  This is supposed to be a weak interior OL class and teams will probably need to use a 2nd to get a day 1 starter.