Sign in to follow this  
Kyle021

Players I have my eye on with our first and second rounder

more and more draft analysts are starting to move Williams above Oliver as their top interior DL prospect for the 2019 Draft, have seen a few of his games he is living in the backfield this year, has a great first step and hand control that allows him quick penetration.

he would look great working in tandem with Casey on our line.

Kyle021   
On 10/5/2018 at 8:51 AM, headhunter said:

We have to get a Rb within the first 2 picks.

I would say Rb and TE are the biggest needs right now.

Bryce Love is a perfect fit. I would die if we drafted him. 

If if we went into FA and signed a stud at Center, and upgraded RG with say Levin or another FA and added Love with the return of Delanieb and added a blocking TE like Paulsen in FA this team would take a big step forward. 

Edge rusher is way more important so the Bryce Love dream can go away if we draft someone like Jerry Tillery or Rashan Gary as interior DL then added an OLB like Barr in FA and Coleman at RB. 

We we could make 4 moves in FA and set this team up for a SB run. 

Sign a Center and start Levin over Kline.

rework Kline’s deal and Ryan’s deal to save cap space and pursue Anthony Barr at OLB. 

Sign Tevin Coleman to a 4/20 million deal with 15 guaranteed. He has low tread and is a perfect fit as a zone back with breakaway speed, pass blocking and receiving. He also has power. 

Sign Logan Paulson as the blocking TE to upgrade Stocker. 

Retain in a few players of our own such as Vaccaro, and Spain. 

Go into the draft and take Tillery or Gary at our pick if we are late teens to early 20’s. If we are higher than that we could be looking at making a move up for Bosa, Ferrel, Oliver, Sweat or Allen

then rounds 2-5 take a WR, TE, and CB

Kyle021   

Simmons is another good interior DL. So is Lawrence, Wilkins, and Bryant and Davis. We don’t even need to trade up. We could get a top 10 DL in the late first. It’s so stacked. 

I actually think JR trades back and gets a 2 and pulls in some extra talent. We could drop back to the late first and get a second and 4th depending on where we are and walk away with a stud DL at the end of the first and grab a WR and OL in 2 and a solid CB in 3 

we we are fine at S... I think Vaccaro earned a nice extension based on his play so far and Cruikshank will be a starter for us. 

I can can see Ryan having a reduced contract and switched to SS

It's crazy how many needs we actually have just due to our current players seeming bad.

Interior OL, WR, TE, RB...

On defense it's primarily due to old players/FA needing to be replaced. We need more elite front 7 players too (Hopefully Evans and Landry are those guys in the LB corps, but we could use better DL).

OLB (Orakpo and Morgan old and FAs)

ILB (Woodyard is old and a FA in 2020).

DL (Can't ignore it forever)

S (Vacarro FA and Cyp was a weakness anyway)

The raw number of starters who are FA this year and next is huge. We need young players to step into these roles and for a lot of them their replacements just aren't there.

Starters who are 2019 FA:

Orakpo

Morgan

Spain

Vaccaro

Starters who are 2020 FA:

Ryan

Mariota

Jones

Woodyard

Kern

Johnson

Byard

Henry (Kind of a stretch)

Brinkley (LS lol)

32 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Its crazy how many resources we've put into the offense and we pretty much have to start all over except at tackle

and unfortunately this isn't the draft to be trying to overhaul basically an entire offense, not sure there will be a WR/RB or TE truly worthy of a top 20 pick.

Jonboy   
On 10/22/2018 at 4:59 PM, chef said:

Josh Allen, Kentucky

Yes. 100%.

Remains to be seen where we will pick, but Allen has to be shooting up draft boards with how he continues to produce and only seems to get better.

chef   
20 minutes ago, Jonboy said:

Yes. 100%.

Remains to be seen where we will pick, but Allen has to be shooting up draft boards with how he continues to produce and only seems to get better.

Yeah, seems like a prototype guy for modern pass rush OLB in a 3-4.  Well rounded in pass rush with number of moves as well as run D, and even decent in coverage.  His tape is great.  If his combine numbers are up there he's going to move way high come draft day. 

Not saying he will be/should be our priority (though more pass rushers is always a good thing), just that I think he was probably seen as a Rd 3-4 guy a while back, then became a 1-2 and now almost certainly a 1 barring injury. 

And from my VU team, we (Titans) could use a guy like Jared Pinkney today.  Plays in pro style O and should translate well to NFL as he actually knows how to block and plays to his size (about 6'5" 255).  Very good hands and route running.  Finds holes in zone coverage, and good at using body to shield off defenders.  Assuming he goes combine I bet he doesn't run all that well and it might drop his stock a bit, maybe not.   Just don't think his 40 nor cone times will be stellar. If he does fall (below 2-3 rd) he'd be an ideal target and steal for us in middle rounds (4-5). Wish we could replace Jonnu Smith with him now.  He is a Jr but expectation is he will come out for draft.