Episode 160 - Discussion with Paul Kuharsky

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

THAT'S RIPIP TO YOU, MOTHER FUCKER

I am starting to question PK's intelligence.  He referred to @OILERMAN as smart.  WTF!

22 hours ago, Jamalisms said:

Btw, was interesting to hear PK confirm he hated Jason Wolf for being a "tattletale." Always assumed he got in trouble at ESPN but hadn't heard that confirmed.

I don't know (remember?) the full story on this.  Can anyone rehash it for me?

Also, while I'm not done listening to the whole thing yet, this is another great one!  I really like these guests and the different topics/content they bring.  Is Jonboy a "Ewing Theory" candidate??  ;)

53 minutes ago, CreepingDeath said:

... this is another great one!  I really like these guests and the different topics/content they bring.  Is Jonboy a "Ewing Theory" candidate??  ;)

Full transparency:

You'll be back to Scotty and I talking and arguing by ourselves pretty soon. We'll try and have guests more often than we did the past few years, but my salary of $0 doesn't quite justify the effort involved in coordinating it on a weekly basis (or catering to the whims of message board followers - what I find interesting is what I cover) ... and at least part of the reason I wanted to bring in guests was due to the potential lack of interesting discussion during preseason. I expect regular season discussions to stand on their own a bit... though the pain of losing Jonboy will certainly be felt more when I can't coast on the content of guests.

1 hour ago, CreepingDeath said:

I don't know (remember?) the full story on this.  Can anyone rehash it for me?

I don't know the full order, really, but:

PK publicly slammed Wolf for some journalism thing... not attributing clearly enough and/or confirming something as opposed to reporting that someone else broke a story.

Wolf went to ESPN to complain and Paul got in trouble. This may have played into his contract not being renewed at ESPN - we don't know.

PK basically tried to kill Wolf's career (or took actions that would effectively do so) through constant public belittling.

Wolf largely didn't respond (I suspect was told to ignore PK in the hopes it went away) but did a few times and it escalated quickly.

Rexrode (I think) went after PK on Twitter in one of those exchanges for being too hard and looking for excuses to belittle Wolf. PK admitted no fault.

Wolf took another, perhaps less prestigious, job and left town.

PK is still angry.

6 hours ago, Jamalisms said:

Full transparency:

You'll be back to Scotty and I talking and arguing by ourselves pretty soon. We'll try and have guests more often than we did the past few years, but my salary of $0 doesn't quite justify the effort involved in coordinating it on a weekly basis (or catering to the whims of message board followers - what I find interesting is what I cover) ... and at least part of the reason I wanted to bring in guests was due to the potential lack of interesting discussion during preseason. I expect regular season discussions to stand on their own a bit... though the pain of losing Jonboy will certainly be felt more when I can't coast on the content of guests.

Jonboy did provide the most relatable (at least in my perspective) position in those recaps. Maybe he can be a reoccurring guest during the season. 

Thank you guys for keeping the Podcast alive. 

As for PK, I just don't see the draw of a paid website when so much free info exists running off of ad rev, impressions, and shares. 

He mentions subscription model, but I don't feel his incite, frankly, is worth the sub. Hell, I might pay for Beddingfield.com but PK.com? Not a chance. 

Good podcast. I’ve finally decided to shell out the cash and join his website. It’s been on my mind for the last few months ever since I signed up with the Washington Post. Signing up at the Post has reinforced my growing opinion that sometimes it’s ok to pay for quality, especially about things you actually care about.