Titans release first unofficial depth chart

JLocker10

You'd like to think a 2nd round pick could come in and push out someone like Greene for the job.

Hope this changes over the course of TC/PS.

Well, in fairness, Greene was a Hawkeye, and IMO, a decent RB when healthy.  I think having a timeshare between him and Sankey is the ideal scenario for production as well as health, but Sankey should get more touches.

This is pretty meaningless as of right now. I think they put the veterans over the rookies by default.

I think this is more solid than that.  They were reluctant to create this draft previously. So think this is where its at now.   

This is pretty meaningless as of right now. I think they put the veterans over the rookies by default.

I think this is more solid than that.  They were reluctant to create this draft previously. So think this is where its at now.   

Whisenhunt said Sensabaugh listed ahead of Wreh-Wilson on depth chart because of seniority #Titans   Wyatt

Then again--- I've been less than right before... ;-) 

Whisenhunt said Sensabaugh listed ahead of Wreh-Wilson on depth chart because of seniority #Titans

Jim Wyatt @jwyattsports

Same rationale with Shonn Greene #Titans

Edited by JLocker10

Jim Wyatt @jwyattsports

Whisenhunt said Sensabaugh listed ahead of Wreh-Wilson on depth chart because of seniority #Titans

Jim Wyatt @jwyattsports

Same rationale with Shonn Greene #Titans

I think most teams do this unless it's clear that the rookie is going to start right away.

Greene has been a good RB in the past and it's entirely reasonable that he could be a starter this year, but the first depth chart really tells is nothing about the position.

I expect Sankey to get more snaps, but honestly I think that It will be very much a committee approach. I doubt any of Greene, Sankey, and McCluster get more than 60% of the RB snaps unless there are injury issues. Greene is clearly the best short yardage back, Sankey is presumably the best all around back, and McCluster is the best big play threat. And I can even see Battle being used at times as the back on plays where McCluster or even Sankey gets motioned out of the backfield and split out wide.

It will be interesting to see how they balance out using them.