Riding the Lockercoaster

code

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Agree Code. Reminds me of young Favre every time I watch him.

He isn't going to be Tom Brady in his first year as a starter... I expect him to finally settle down into being a top 10 QB within the next 2 years. Hell it took Eli 4 years before he finally got

My expectations remain the same of him. Anyone expecting him to be more than a rookie with an NFL education, needs to reduce their expectations a bit.

Interestingly, Jake's performance looked worse in person that on TV on the replay. In person, he looked shaky at best.

I am afraid the defense will have to carry this team the entire year. Fans will need to take a patience class from Job.

It makes no sense to me why they would keep the 2:00 min drill under wraps. Do they honestly think he can go down the field on his first time with that much ease where he doesn't need the live speed practice?

I understand the logic as to why but once he runs it once there is film on him and that hidden aspect is gone after one or two 2:00 min drills. He had 2 chances to practice it this preseason and they opted for MH both times. Just makes no sense to me that they seem to have that much confidence where he doesn't need practice, if they want to hide it is truly the case.

Also re-watched the game with a focus on Locker. He did look shakier in person at the game compared to what I saw in the replay. My biggest concern at this point is the hesitation he seems to display in deciding when to launch the throw. He seems to have the same issue that McNair had in not anticipating and leading his receivers during the early phases of his throwing career. He - Locker - seems to be a fraction too late in maximizing the open spaces in a receiver's route.

His anticipation is not quite quick enough ............... yet. His recognition of and adjustment to the speed of his receivers is still in its early adolescence. He will grow out of this adolescence with repetitions and experience with his receivers. I also expect that the timing with Britt will initially present difficulties for both of them, but will get much better as each develop chemistry associated with speed, routes, reach, adjustments, etc.

The rollercoaster is likely to continue to frustrate us, but the lows won't be quite as hard to take and the highs will be a lot more fun to experience. It is important to remember that having lows on the rollercoasters are essential when you want to have highs. They each go together by definition. But, there is no certainty that the rollercoaster will continue on it's journey without the peaks and valleys beginning to flatten out and become smoother.

At least that is our hope.

pro