Living in Boston

TheChosenTitan

2 minutes ago, BostonFanHere said:

Mikey got canned a few years ago... wanna guess why?

The Boston sports media game has changed, even Dale has gotten tougher on the teams... controversy and contrarian HAWTTAKEZ, like espn and the national sports media are what get ratings.. stupid.. which is why I mostly listen to music nowadays.

Yeah I rarely listen to the sports aside from a couple of guys on Sirius who are great.

I'm guessing Mike Adams made an inappropriate comment?

I have no idea why they thought replacing Ted Sarandis with him was a good idea.  

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Then he would never talk again.

Was he the guy who picked up 11 of 14 first downs or who stripped Dak Prescott or who picked off Dak Prescott in the end zone?   Boston fans are some of the worst in the country at their ove

My family is watching the Pats news on TV and they said Dion Lewis single handily carried us to a win. This is why I can’t stand these bums on local news that doesn’t watch any other team besides the

13 minutes ago, scine09 said:

Fans in Boston have always expected championships.  Nothing less.  And there's certainly nothing wrong with that.  But 3 of the 4 teams weren't giving these fans any reason to have the attitude that they did based on expectations.  And trust me no one cares about what these teams did in the 40s or even the teens.

We both agree that North East people are jackasses and have an egotistical attitude. I'm just saying that I think it's funny you pointed out that they were jackasses before the Patriots as if Boston sports winning history started with the Pats.

I'm not trying to get at the attitude comes FROM sports, but having that history matters and a lot IMO... We just disagree on the magnitude of that history.

Edited by wiscotitansfan

5 minutes ago, scine09 said:

Yeah I rarely listen to the sports aside from a couple of guys on Sirius who are great.

I'm guessing Mike Adams made an inappropriate comment?

I have no idea why they thought replacing Ted Sarandis with him was a good idea.  

No Mikey got canned because he was too homerish and not hard/contrarian enough on the teams

1 minute ago, BostonFanHere said:

No Mikey got canned because he was too homerish and not hard/contrarian enough on the teams

Glenn Ordway is another one.  Pete Sheppard if he's still around.  Fred Smerlis.  Total homers.

4 minutes ago, wiscotitansfan said:

We both agree that North East people are jackasses and have an egotistical attitude. I'm just saying that I think it's funny you pointed out that they were jackasses before the Patriots as if Boston sports winning history started with the Pats.

I'm not trying to get at the attitude comes FROM sports, but having that history matters and a lot IMO

Again, what history?  The Red Sox were the Cubs before the Cubs.  The Bruins were an after thought in the sport and while always pretty solid never a great team.  And the Patriots before 2001 was historically one of the worst teams in the history of the NFL.

15 minutes ago, scine09 said:

Again, what history?  The Red Sox were the Cubs before the Cubs.  The Bruins were an after thought in the sport and while always pretty solid never a great team.  And the Patriots before 2001 was historically one of the worst teams in the history of the NFL.

Celtics, Bruins being an original 6, Red Sox having the long history they do.... You're off your rocker if you think that Boston's sports history basically starts in 2001.

You said they are probably the 2nd best sports town with NYC being #1. So NYC is #1 is only because the Yankees and Boston only because the past 20 years (since they clearly have no history)?

Edited by wiscotitansfan

1 hour ago, Soxcat said:

Yep, 17.6 points a game.  Imagine if we drafted a real good CB to take Butler's place.  Butler is good for 7 points a game for the offense. 

I was thinking about that during the game, and it got me thinking: wonder if Butler is being picked on BECAUSE the other areas are so good. 

The crazy part is no part of this defense is great--it's just all good. Many areas (linebackers) would be severely shitty if not for the across the board competence. 

22 minutes ago, scine09 said:

This post is ironic given your comment "Boston fans are some of the worst in the country at their overall knowledge outside of the local teams."

The Red Sox, while unable to win it all for 86 years, were far from the Cubs lack of success. The Celtics have the most titles in NBA history. The Bobby Orr Bruins were GREAT. The Patriots went to 2 Superbowls before winning it all in 01 for the first time. Your simplistic view of Boston sports prior to 01 is incorrect. 

39 minutes ago, freakingeek said:

Great city,  terrible fans. I was treated very rudely at the playoff game last year. Dog cussed in the parking lot after the game was over, harassed during the game by a drunk guy who kept intentionally screaming "Lewan you suck" loudly right in my ear", saw multiple fights at the concessions, crowd out of control trying to get into the heated bar, pushing from behind and knocked this poor woman down in front of me and she was about to get trampled until I turned around and yelled at the idiots behind me who were pushing. It sucked. I went to the game by myself so that was probably my first mistake.   

Yea I was there too and it was awful 

53 minutes ago, BostonFanHere said:

This post is ironic given your comment "Boston fans are some of the worst in the country at their overall knowledge outside of the local teams."

The Red Sox, while unable to win it all for 86 years, were far from the Cubs lack of success. The Celtics have the most titles in NBA history. The Bobby Orr Bruins were GREAT. The Patriots went to 2 Superbowls before winning it all in 01 for the first time. Your simplistic view of Boston sports prior to 01 is incorrect. 

I said in a prior post that in a 30 year period they went to 7 titles and won none between the 3.  That’s hardly a success.  At least in terms of how Boston fans define it.

1 hour ago, wiscotitansfan said:

Celtics, Bruins being an original 6, Red Sox having the long history they do.... You're off your rocker if you think that Boston's sports history basically starts in 2001.

You said they are probably the 2nd best sports town with NYC being #1. So NYC is #1 is only because the Yankees and Boston only because the past 20 years (since they clearly have no history)?

They have a lot of history.  Before 2001 with the exception of the Celtics most of it incredibly mediocre.

43 minutes ago, scine09 said:

They have a lot of history.  Before 2001 with the exception of the Celtics most of it incredibly mediocre.

You do realize how big of an exception that is though? Imagine taking the Lakers out of LA, their history would be a fucking joke not just "mediocre" like Boston but that big of a team matters A LOT. Hell, even Green Bay has a massive historical sports importance, even taking out anything since Favre.

You'd be fucking crazy to think GB fans weren't proud of their teams history in the late 80s and early 90's when they were the joke of the league.

Compare that to damn near every city though, besides the Yankees and pretty much only the Yankees, Boston's mediocrity was still pretty much on par with everywhere else, or better... Except all the historical significance of those storied franchises too by being an original team in 3 of 4 sports and I'm sure plenty of other shit in that timeframe others can't boast about like having lots of players in their rings of honor that are all-time greats

I'm not sure what you're even trying to argue at this point, you just said they didn't have a history just because you're trying to be a fucking moron. You're fascinated and obsessed only with championships when I have made it clear I have been talking about actual history too which you're obviously too naive to think matters.

Edited by wiscotitansfan