Trump and Israel

Carpy

12 hours ago, Starkiller said:

He only cares about keeping American evangelicals in his pocket

I thought Christian evangelicalism was supposed to be all about that white supremacist stuff. Since Trump is supposed to be a white supremacist sympathizer wouldn't recognizing Jerusalem lose those votes for him?

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'd also like to add that Trump's understanding of any particular issue is very baseline & black and white.   "Jews vs. Arabs? JEWS are the good guys, of course!" "Regulations? BAD!

Agree. This is the thing about Trump. The guy has no core beliefs, strong convictions or ideology. For example, on one hand he supports Israel and makes the evangelicals happy. However, he doesn't men

Very possible I get stationed in Texas and have to move down there this summer.  YAY!   I actually love Texas but I just hate idiots.  Growing up in TN, it always amazed me how otherwise per

Posted Images

1 minute ago, NashvilleNinja said:

I thought Christian evangelicalism was supposed to be all about that white supremacist stuff. Since Trump is supposed to be a white supremacist sympathizer wouldn't recognizing Jerusalem lose those votes for him?

Evangelicals want Armageddon.

Just now, Starkiller said:

The scary part is I’m being absolutely serious...

I know. I just think you're extrapolating more from your own beliefs and perceptions about Christians/evangelicals than you are any real experiences with them. I also disagree that Trump gives a shit about evangelical beliefs in the end times, especially as it pertains to taking actions like this. That's silly.

I never really got into the Muslims versus Jews conflict until I had a friend who was from there. He was from that area and told me how the Israelis make the Palestinians basically feel subhuman. How they have death camps for them and they shoot women and children for not obeying their laws. He told me how nobody in the world or media covers this because Muslims are made to feel evil and lesser and that most in our congress support Israel and are to damn afraid to say anything. I don’t really support either side and feel religion is the root to all evil, however I don’t like the fact that Americans blindly support Israel and don’t realize how fucked up they are and how they don’t give one fuck about American lives.For starters... I’m not bashing Jewish people so before anyone tries to call me any names or wants to have a go at me. I’m just saying how the media makes it so one sided in this conflict when both sides are very wrong. 

Like I said, please don’t try to have a go at me and call me a nazi. I really could careless about Muslims or Jews. I care about how blindly misguided and mislead the American people are and how the media portrays one side to be better and how we give all our support to Israel. When they’re only watching their interests while we watch theirs. It’s no different in the same how we support Saudi Arabia. Both of those countries are snakes and I really wish our government stood up to them. 

23 minutes ago, Stan said:

I never really got into the Muslims versus Jews conflict until I had a friend who was from there. He was from that area and told me how the Israelis make the Palestinians basically feel subhuman. How they have death camps for them and they shoot women and children for not obeying their laws. He told me how nobody in the world or media covers this because Muslims are made to feel evil and lesser and that most in our congress support Israel and are to damn afraid to say anything. I don’t really support either side and feel religion is the root to all evil, however I don’t like the fact that Americans blindly support Israel and don’t realize how fucked up they are and how they don’t give one fuck about American lives.For starters... I’m not bashing Jewish people so before anyone tries to call me any names or wants to have a go at me. I’m just saying how the media makes it so one sided in this conflict when both sides are very wrong. 

That’s a very one sided interpretation of the situation. The reality is both sides want the same territory and have tried to kill each other for control of it, and continue to do so to this day. Neither side is inherently good or bad, one just happens to be our ally and they are the ones currently in control of the land.

As for the media, it is hardly one sided. If you paid any attention to the issue you should know that...

On ‎12‎/‎6‎/‎2017 at 9:39 PM, Denali said:

In-laws?

His own daughter is an Orthodox Jew.

No way in hell this was some elaborate scheme to hide supremacist connections.  Trump is the most pro-Israel president we have ever had.

Agree. This is the thing about Trump. The guy has no core beliefs, strong convictions or ideology. For example, on one hand he supports Israel and makes the evangelicals happy. However, he doesn't mention Jews at a Holocaust memorial and makes the supremacists happy. He doesn't immediately rebuke the neo-Nazis in Charlottesville and allows them to think he's on their side.

Trump rails against outsourcing, buying Chinese steels, using migrant workers and that keeps his base happy. Yet, he built his businesses on those same principles and he gets away with it. This issue with making Jerusalem the capital of Israel has nothing to do with being pro-Israel. It's about pleasing Sheldon Adelson and other rich mega donors. They have been threatening to withhold funds. He delivered for them. Now it's an income stream for him and with Adelson now strongly in his corner, he can strong-arm the establishment Republicans who needs Adelson's money for 2018 campaigns.

It's not that complicated. In Trump's world, everything starts with how it impacts him. It's all about Trump. That's why he frequently makes decisions in a vacuum and his impulsive nature should have everyone concerned.

21 hours ago, Starkiller said:

That’s a very one sided interpretation of the situation. The reality is both sides want the same territory and have tried to kill each other for control of it, and continue to do so to this day. Neither side is inherently good or bad, one just happens to be our ally and they are the ones currently in control of the land.

As for the media, it is hardly one sided. If you paid any attention to the issue you should know that...

Actually, the reality is the Palestinians were thrown out of their homes to ensure Israel was majority Jewish.  Israel is a colonial apartheid theocracy that exists solely on the combination of US real politik and guilt over the Holocaust.

Edited by patsplat

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/1948_Palestinian_exodus

The 1948 Palestinian exodus, also known as the Nakba (Arabic: النكبة‎, al-Nakbah, literally "disaster", "catastrophe", or "cataclysm"),[1] occurred when more than 700,000 Palestinian Arabs fled or were expelled from their homes, during the 1948 Palestine war.[2]Between 400 and 600 Palestinian villages were sacked during the war, while urban Palestine was almost entirely extinguished.[3] The term "nakba" also refers to the period of war itself and events affecting Palestinians from December 1947 to January 1949.

18 minutes ago, patsplat said:

Actually, the reality is the Palestinians were thrown out of their homes to ensure Israel was majority Jewish.  Israel is a colonial apartheid theocracy that exists solely on the combination of US real politik and guilt over the Holocaust.

That’s not wrong, but it doesn’t conflict with what I said.

Remember, the UK controlled the land that is now Israel through the end of the Mandate and the partition. They divided it between the Jews and Palestinians. Both sides fought for control of that land. The Jews won.

If the Palestinians had won, or if Israel had lost any of the many subsequent wars with their Arab neighbors, maybe we would look at them in the same way. Though if the Jews had lost any of those wars I’m not convinced there would have been any Jews left alive there.