George Bush Rebukes Trump

Number9

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/19/us/politics/george-bush-trump.html

Mr. Bush, who issued a statement with his father condemning white supremacists after the violence in Charlottesville, Va., in August, returned to the theme. “Bigotry or white supremacy in any form is blasphemy against the American creed,” he said.

It's time for all of us, repub and dem to stand first for America.  Real men are coming forward to say maybe we disagree, but we are not going to become something we fought a great war to defeat.

The more I look at this and the McCain speech... this stuff is more anti-Bannon than Trump. This is the establishment GOP fighting back. This is the GOP civil war starting in earnest

24 minutes ago, reo said:

The more I look at this and the McCain speech... this stuff is more anti-Bannon than Trump. This is the establishment GOP fighting back. This is the GOP civil war starting in earnest

Depak Chopra said on tv before the election the only good to come from Trump will be the destruction of the republican party.  It could be worse that that, it could be the country as we know it.  In order to win the repubs invited the fringe groups that fell in love with Trump.  Now as president, he has made it his mission to divide the country by building angry walls.  We have always had our differences, but Trump has added hostility and the provokacation of violence.  Knock the crap out of him, I'll pay your legal fees.

POTUS

3 minutes ago, Number9 said:

Depak Chopra said on tv before the election the only good to come from Trump will be the destruction of the republican party.  It could be worse that that, it could be the country as we know it.  In order to win the repubs invited the fringe groups that fell in love with Trump.  Now as president, he has made it his mission to divide the country by building angry walls.  We have always had our differences, but Trump has added hostility and the provokacation of violence.  Knock the crap out of him, I'll pay your legal fees.

POTUS

Not just Trump. There was and is an intentional Russian campaign going on to increase hostility and division in the US.

Where has all of this division come from? The democratic party putting up a piss poor candidate and campaign... and the news media turning backflips over being so completely wrong about the election...  

I'm sure Russia appreciates the dems these days...

8 minutes ago, thor said:

Where has all of this division come from? The democratic party putting up a piss poor candidate and campaign... and the news media turning backflips over being so completely wrong about the election...  

I'm sure Russia appreciates the dems these days...

The time for me and you fighting over CNN and FOX is over.  We need to realize this shit is fucked up.  Steve Bannon, Al Sharpton, the KKK  and the Islamic terrorist are not going to help up.  We need to take a stand for decency and just basic truth.  If the neo-nazi take charge, nobody is going to come out shinning like a rose.  We're the nation of yankee ingeninioty.  We did not become the leader of the free world by taking rights away from others.  We have always progressed.  Always progress.  But we have grown fat and lazy.  We need to get up off our ass and say, sure everything is not perfect, but it's not the fault of the Mexicans.

I had a GF who in the 1960's lived in rural south Georgia.  She had a job making $20 a week babysitting.  I met her in New Jersey, she saved up $2,000 to move up there.  You have kids today, living at home who can't save up that much money.  We have to get back to being people who try, accept where we are and try to advance.  I saw a real estate ad, if you have 1% down you can buy a house, no closing costs.  No sacrifice and no appreciation.

It ain't the immigrants that are taking our jobs.  We can't pass the drug test.

Neo-nazi's take charge--- that's a freaking joke right--- there's not enough of those bone heads to fill a tea cup...

The day CNN and FOX agree on something is the day hell freezes over...

The problem is still, one side loses and can't handle it---it's called growing up...

1 hour ago, Soxcat said:

Right thre is proof the libs are a real authentic think tank.  Every candidate is a Nazi?  Really?  Just shows how dumb they are.

It's the same stuff that is pulled out whenever a Republican gets elected... However, this time Trump adds his "over the top" edge too often... One problem is dems don't understand that's part of the reason he was elected --- people wanting something that could possibly "drain the stinking swamp" Washington has become... Dems can't understand that it's the hope of getting Washington to run without corruption --- but, instead they are trying to keep the swamp intact and they don't realize it... They think Trump is worse then the "swamp" but in reality Trump could possibly clean the shit out along with a bs corrupt media...

22 minutes ago, thor said:

Dems can't understand that it's the hope of getting Washington to run without corruption --- but, instead they are trying to keep the swamp intact and they don't realize it... They think Trump is worse then the "swamp" but in reality Trump could possibly clean the shit out along with a bs corrupt media...

The difference isn't about whether people want "the swamp drained", it's whether they believe Trump actually has intentions of fixing the system. 

His supporters see the constant attacks on Trump as evidence he is changing things while his critics see the attacks as the consequence of being a fraud.

30 minutes ago, thor said:

It's the same stuff that is pulled out whenever a Republican gets elected... However, this time Trump adds his "over the top" edge too often... One problem is dems don't understand that's part of the reason he was elected --- people wanting something that could possibly "drain the stinking swamp" Washington has become... Dems can't understand that it's the hope of getting Washington to run without corruption --- but, instead they are trying to keep the swamp intact and they don't realize it... They think Trump is worse then the "swamp" but in reality Trump could possibly clean the shit out along with a bs corrupt media...

I think the disconnect is the suggestion Trump is about cleaning out corruption. The idea is fine but the man chosen is ironic at best, a cruel joke at worst. It's also not the President's job to clean out a "corrupt media", not unless you're talking some sort of dictatorship. I think this is why people can seem freaked out by it all - this is what a group taking control to impose their rule might look like (in spots). But as long as it's the right group right?

And the list of what Trump could "possibly" do is almost endless and plenty of them are not desirable. It seems a pretty reckless bet for a mission he objectively doesn't actually seem interested in. What's one indisputable action aiming to remove corruption that doesn't have to be tortured and twisted to be arguable? Or not easily construed as closing one form for another?

7 minutes ago, OzTitan said:

I think the disconnect is the suggestion Trump is about cleaning out corruption. The idea is fine but the man chosen is ironic at best, a cruel joke at worst. It's also not the President's job to clean out a "corrupt media", not unless you're talking some sort of dictatorship. I think this is why people can seem freaked out by it all - this is what a group taking control to impose their rule might look like (in spots). But as long as it's the right group right?

And the list of what Trump could "possibly" do is almost endless and plenty of them are not desirable. It seems a pretty reckless bet for a mission he objectively doesn't actually seem interested in. What's one indisputable action aiming to remove corruption that doesn't have to be tortured and twisted to be arguable? Or not easily construed as closing one form for another?

Give me a break... Trump was not elected to clean out the "corrupt media" but, now that the media has shown their stance it needs to be fixed... I had always listened to the alphabet news stations and took them as being honest and forth right... Damn, this past year has shown me how much these people are agenda driven liars...

Just now, thor said:

Give me a break... Trump was not elected to clean out the "corrupt media" but, now that the media has shown their stance it needs to be fixed... I had always listened to the alphabet news stations and took them as being honest and forth right... Damn, this past year has shown me how much these people are agenda driven liars...

This is also what a dictator would do to news he doesn't like. It's not hard to see the reason why people would find it scary.

And of course he was elected to do it, it was part of his campaign from very early on.