Upgrading board over the weekend

TitansGuru

I figure if we are going to do it, now is better than during the season. This might make a few things a little wonky on the skin but I will work to get things back to normal. After that I'll work on creating a very similar skin to the one we have (because, frankly, I think we have one of the best, most modern looking forums out there) but based on a skin built on the newest version of the board software.

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Thank you... For everything..

Awesome. Happy you like it. I have some tweaking to do for IE and then it's off to the front page and podcast page.

Yeah, just select it from the bottom where it says 'Change Theme'. It's still there.

Okay, so I've been testing the current skin on a test install of the new version of the software. Looks like things should be easy enough to sort out. I may need to work on a few of the plugins but everything else should be 95% fine within minutes of the upgrade. We shouldn't have to worry about this again until the next major release of the board. Probably 2014 if I had to guess but who knows? IP Board 2.3.3 was released November of 2008 and IP Board 3.0 was released in June of 2009. That and the company blogs are the only things I can really base it on. I'd probably wait until version 4 was tested for several months to sort things out before upgrading.

Too many people on right now to do the upgrade but I am almost sure it will be done today. I just need to time it right to where board access is not cut off for too long or for too many people.